Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Is it real? or fake?

• real

Votes: 127 85.8%
  • fake

Votes: 15 10.1%
  • not sure..

Votes: 6 4.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Godspeed

Reaction score
Had this sent to other forum by one of member asking if it was fake or real. What do you think?

snake-1.jpg

I'm going with APL... because clearly it has to be real if it's somewhere up in the kimberly's - and what's more, I know that wallaby! It was my best friends dads, ex girlfriends, sisters boyfriends vet who had a dog that he got off of an old lady who lived in a shoe... i go with real!

I belive this one a lot more than the other one.
If this is fake you have done the editing extremely well to make the ripples in the water match the pig and the way the legs are positioned !
im going with real

not just ripples but also reflection REAL

(This is Australia mate, we keep seeing snakes like that pull elephants and rhino's out of water.)

Elephants and rhinos, yeah there are big but .....did anyone see the story last year on the missing truck, sheep carrying road train missing in the N.T......all they found was a VERY large mound of poo..........

(This is Australia mate, we keep seeing snakes like that pull elephants and rhino's out of water.)

Elephants and rhinos, yeah there are big but .....did anyone see the story last year on the missing truck, sheep carrying road train missing in the N.T......all they found was a VERY large mound of poo..........
aaaaahhahaha yep;)

I'm going with APL... because clearly it has to be real if it's somewhere up in the kimberly's

Haha, I thought the exact same thing. It must be impossible for any photo taken in the Kimberly's to be doctored?

However, I am of the belief that that photo is real for a few reasons. First of all, it's not unusual for Olive's to prey upon medium sized macropods, and there are other photographs that support this. Second of all, the shadow of the snake is clearly visible in the water, and this would be all but impossible for even the most skilled PhotoShop artist to pull off.

I dont think anyone will ever know for sure, if it is a fake then its pretty convincing one.
Following up the body of the snake and seeing how its wedged its body along the groove in the rock would believe you to think that a faker might not go to that detail, but whoever took it must have taken more than one pic...so wheres the others ? You wouldnt be walking along and go....owww look at that snake pulling that kangeroo out of the water, must get a pic of that..."click".....ok....lets move on to the next thing that you dont see everyday !

Going by the size of that roo (no idea how big they are) can anyone give a rough estimate as to the length of the snake ?

Last edited:
i think its real.
but im unsure of weather thats a wallaby or a kangaroo
the dark tail makes me think wallaby but the fur makes me think other wise, but i spose it is wet so who knows :shock:
but even if it was a full grown western grey, that would make the python about 5-6 meters long.
a rough estimate going by the length of the roo's tail, as it reaches about 75cm to a meter.
but it could be a younger one, or a different one all together.

and that...was my 2 cents :D

I think its a good fake.........
If you look at the reflection the snake should only be in a little bit of the reflection as most of the body would be hidden by the rock ledge.
Also don't know how many walabys go swimming..............

Well ozi along the cliff top's macropods can over calculate how far away from the edge they are and slip etc etc or couldve been chased by a pack of dingos who know's why it was in the water but Im telling you it does happen as Ive seen thing's like that happen.... As I lived in darwin for 23yrs and the thing's ive seen are unbelieveably awesome....

Last edited:
I think its a good fake.........
If you look at the reflection the snake should only be in a little bit of the reflection as most of the body would be hidden by the rock ledge.
Also don't know how many walabys go swimming..............

i dunno
roo's have been known to swim so i dont see why wallabies wouldnt
also if its a type of rock wallaby it most probably would have been on that rock face having a drink when the snake went for it, or it freaked and fell in and all the snake had to do was wait for it to stop kicking then simply pick it up out of the water :p

or its the life guard at the ol' swimming hole :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back