Is this gecko gravid?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

killerb

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hi guys
I know this is a bad pic
This o'castelnuai just arrived today and wen she climbed on the glass on her tank i noticed she looked different to my other geckos
could she b gravid?
if so can any one judge how long iv got to get an incubator etc

Attachments

• 100_1078.jpg
    100_1078.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 167
ill try to get a better pic but hav to wait for her to climb glass again as i dont know how she is with handling and i dont want her to drop a tail while possibly gravid

Thanks
i thought so as the pics iv seen of gravid geckos looked similar
thats good eh, 4 geckos for the price of 2!
Il post another pic later tonight so ican hopefully get 100% confirmation
thanks jinin

More like 2 weeks max provided she finds a place that is sufficient to her liking for disposition.

thanks rocket
ill hav to get an incubator asap

Grab yourself an esky, heat cord, thermostat and thermometer. You'll have it whipped up in 20 minutes easy. Get an airtight container and some vermiculite and perlite and your all set.

Could not get another pic of the female this is supposed to b the male?

Attachments

• 100_1079.jpg
    100_1079.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 150
Judging by the photo, that too looks like a female. In males, look out for enlarged bulges at the base underside of the tail. Females may also possess these swellings but another sexing tool for males is the large spurs located on either sides of the bulges. The central division of the bulges outlining the testes is obviously prominent in males.

If she is gravid i should be giving her calcium with every feed, right?
If so and she is not gravid will that affect her or her cagemate or is calcium on every feed ok for a while

Plenty of Calcium and Water, im pretty sure shes gravid, More water when shes laying and afterwards. I love the feeling of having a gravid lizzie 8]. i have a Gravid Pygmy Bearded Dragon at the moment 8] cant wait.

Judging by the photo, that too looks like a female. In males, look out for enlarged bulges at the base underside of the tail. Females may also possess these swellings but another sexing tool for males is the large spurs located on either sides of the bulges. The central division of the bulges outlining the testes is obviously prominent in males.
Yeah i can tell easily with my sub-adult marmoratas but these two have me stumped
espeicially considering the person i got them of is a gecko expert and they were sold as a male/female pair
If i had not been told otherwise id b almost 100% that they were females

Plenty of Calcium and Water, im pretty sure shes gravid, More water when shes laying and afterwards. I love the feeling of having a gravid lizzie 8]. i have a Gravid Pygmy Bearded Dragon at the moment 8] cant wait.
Thanks
ne thoughts on the second pic

Yeah, dust every feed. Even if she isn't gravid (which she is), it won't do any harm for the time being. Dusting every feed is important in both keeping eggs and the mother healthy. From personal experience, lacking dusting during gravidity may still result in a healthy female but be passed on to developing neonates which can develop Metabolic Bone Disease as youngens.... which isn't good.

thanks for ur advice guys
Good luck with ur pygmys jinin

In regards to the first pic - it is 100% gravid.

If you're looking for a sex on the second gecko, you need to supply some better quality, in focus photos. Then, we'll be able to tell.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back