Is this thermostat ok for me

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ronhalling

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
OK i checked the site rules and it would seem to be ok to use a link to a sponsers product for the purpose of description,
So, i am building a new habitat for my girl and am in the process of getting all the new equipment first, i have most of it now (ceramic fittings, UVA and UVB bulbs, ceramic heat emitter themometer's vents and a single use themostat) all from our sponser. but in my build i have incorperated heating, cooling (by way of 2 pc fans) and lighting, what i want to know from you guys and gals is if any of you have used the following multi use thermostat and if you can't give feedback here could you please PM me your thinking, it looks to me that this unit can have a heater, fan and light attached to it, the fact that it needs to be hard wired is no problem as my next door neighbour is a ticketed sparky

SJE-003 Thermostat Heating and Cooling | Reptile Direct Australia

Ron

I cannot tell what type it is; On/off or dimming?
If it's just an on/off you could get a mini digital STC-1000 from ebay for $20 or so delivered.
it looks to me that this unit can have a heater, fan and light attached to it,
Heating or lighting, not both.

The advantage of dealing locally is that advice is only a phone call away, and for that you pay a slight premium.Same language, same time zone!
What did they say?

Having bought from Reptiles Direct several times I can highly recommend them. They wouldn't be selling anything they personally think wouldn't be of value to their customers.

For $40 I would give it a go. Looks to be a simple switch thermostat.

Normally I just run double adaptors into a 24hr timer. Thermostat of 1, lighting of the other

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back