Jungle python dulling in colour

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

junglegeorgie

Reaction score
Hey guys, my new JP, 2 y.o male has retreated and has turned a dull brown along his top body, contrast from his usual vibrant yellow colour.. I'm a new JP owner .. I have a feeling he's going into a shed. Anyone else experience this with their JP ? Thanks :)

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk

No, bdav.. his previous owner says he's due for his shed in 3 weeks or so.. could his colouring be the first initial phase of shed? Thanks

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk

Yep shedding, the cycle lasts a lot longer than most people think, there is a period before they go cloudy which can sometimes be quite long. Good record keeping and observation and you can easily learn when this starts and how long the whole process takes.

All good make sure you have a rock with a edge or a stick so it can shed by braking the skin my jungles go real dark before they shed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My Jungle x Diamond always goes dull in colour before his shed, also the eyes usually go very Milky couple days before. Should be fine :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back