Jungle Python - Whitish Scale around Head and First Few Inches of Body

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MrJoshua

Reaction score
:(I have just gotten back from a week away and got my lovely one out to check that all is well. First thing I notice is that he is not happy (usually quite accepting of me but today he is snappy and angry) and then I spotted some whitish scale around the head and first few inches of the body. It is coming time for a shed but I have never noticed this before when he is shedding. He has no outdoor or other animal contact so I dont think that there could be any introduction of fungis or mites.....Can anyone give me some tips. I'm going to give him a bath this afternoon.
Appreciate your notes and tips.

Thank you, bath time then. He is being totally wierd, hiding and carrying on. Hasnt done that in ages. This is my first snake and although I've had him for nearly 2 years now I havent had any health or other issues so this is all too scarey.

As stated by andynic07. I think you worry too much. Also, snake behaviour can change at any time for no reasons we understand, so don't overthink the "problem."

Jamie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back