Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

spottedpython

Reaction score
not like i'm getting one or anything but what species of monitors can live in a 6ftx3ftx3ft enclosure. and do monitors make great pets do they tame down at all. i like the common ridge-tailed monitor,and the black headed monitor

Yeah Tara, that'd be heaps big enough for a trio of Ackies or maybe some Gillens. They make great pets and are easily handleable.

Except for the one that I saw Hugsta handling the other day which bit him and made him bleed like a stuck pig. :lol:

easterns are verrrrrrry skidish they are beautiful but not well handled they are so damn cute though! i have 2 and they are great but if you want a lizzy that you can handle get a beardie

but man is my little ones good looking!

oh and when they are full size best to get bullet proof glass or some sort of reinfored glass cause there tails are pretty damn strong!!!!

Bryony said:
but if you want a lizzy that you can handle get a beardie

Or shinglebacks, they are big cuddly sleepy things. I have 14 here, and all of them love hugs. They want them so much, that they are stopping me from getting anything done all day :wink:

Nome said:
Or shinglebacks, they are big cuddly sleepy things. I have 14 here, and all of them love hugs. They want them so much, that they are stopping me from getting anything done all day :wink:

oh nome you sound like your in love :p
have you named them all?

Hey Bry, I've named 6 of them so far, but waiting till I can distinctly tell the difference in the others and sex them. I am in love!! :)

I have Bruce, Wilhameena, Bonnie & Clyde (my sexed foursome). And Aimee and Tiger, but none of the others yet.

Tiger was dying (bad resp. infection got on plane on the way over), vet said pointless to do anything at that point, so I stayed up with him on his 'dying' night, with a heat pad, spooning rain water into his mouth every hour, and bathing his infected eyes. In the morning he wanted to eat, and now he's one of the healthiest!! Mumma's love still does work :wink:

Ohhhhhh even for a big tough army guy thats a tear jerker of a story :wink: , good stuff Nome. :D

Jeez Nome, I'm feelin pretty crook now! I wanna be looked after like that.

are lizards much more work then snakes? maintaining them etc.

Except for the one that I saw Hugsta handling the other day which bit him and made him bleed like a stuck pig.
I now have a perfect set of teeth marks around my finger Greg. LOL Little bugger of a thing.

Yes they are. Mostly due to daily feeding instead of weekly.

hey what enclosure is best for ackies glass or wood back,sides,and top with glass front and what subsrate would be good to use for them

Liberated said:
Some are, some aren't. But all dragons should have access to direct sunlight, otherwise they can get fatal bone problems. The shop that closed recently here was constantly looking after sun-starved lizards.
You can keep them indoors but you must have UVA lights and the animals must be able to get close to them. I'm interested in getting some Ctenophorus species but cannot provide them with the sunlight they require, so no go (for a while).
I saw a breeding setup over the weekend, the animals are kept outside year round in half rainwater tanks with bird netting over the tops.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back