juvie olive has a splinter

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

luv-my-snakey

Reaction score
hi guys
I have a juvie olive python and I am using repti-bark and I have noticed there is a tiny little splinter :( you need good eye site and lighting to see it because it is so tiny, but I tried to get it out with tweezers but I couldn't because it was pulling on his skin and I didn't want to hurt him, but it seems pretty lodged in there. Should I be worried about a tiny splinter? Plus it seems so stuck I'm worried it wont come out with his shed, whenever that time will come, but he is showing no signs of coming into a shed so I guess it will be a while.

thanks
Liana

If it is that tiny then pulling it out shouldn't do any harm. I wouldn't be leaving it in there myself.

Where is it? I personally wouldn't bother doing anything. Just keep an eye on it. They're tough creatures

It's close to his head sort of where I guess his neck is lol. It is so tiny I'm starting to wonder if it is a splinter it is really hard to see exactly what it is especially when he is a similar colour and it is only about a mm in length and even smaller in width. I don't want to tear his skin by trying to get it out especially if it isn't a splinter and hurt him. I will keep an eye I'm sure snakes in the wild would get similar things and they are fine.

could it possibly just be a bit of loose skin thats been scratched up from him moving around , if i look at my coastals belly when hes a few weeks off a shed and the skin isnt exactly new it has tiny little bits of skin that have torn and could be mistaken for a splinter , see if its rigid or soft

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back