Keeping frogs and snakes

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
cris the smell is the toxins they have in their skin

green trees and browns and so fourth are imune to it but some python species arent it makes them sick ( i have read )

hence why they dont eat them
Your average green trees and white lips don't have any toxins in there skin as far as I know, and all the frogs in my area where tigers and copperheads live ain't toxic either, so I think you need to do a bit more reading :wink:

Lost_in_the_Jungle said:
i dont recall saying i owned a 5 ft snake

do you

Nope but u said a frog would eat a snake....u must have a pretty small snake lol :roll:

And as for reading.... yeh do a lot more

Most ppl have said not to do it so take their advice... but by all means try it if u want to and let us know how it goes :twisted:

Supposing, just supposing that the frogs do have toxins.
So if your snake follows its instinct and eats the frog, both your pets die?
Sounds like a good plan in order to save a cage to me.
Buy yourself an ExoTerra all glass vivarium for the frogs.

tyrone i think it is u that needs to be reading more and you should also stop telling people to read more

and the toxins they have are not all deadly for instance the Dahl's aquatic frog is toxic to pythons and other snakes and will kill them but a green tree frog will not yet the tree frog still has toxins.

I've seen wild carpets, Children's and Scrub Pythons eat green tree frogs (and saw a scrubby eat a White Lipped Green Tree Frog, and have cut frogs of several species out of road killed snakes of many species). All frogs have toxins, but most snakes aren't bothered by most species. I don't know of any snakes which are bothered by the toxins of Green Tree Frogs and I certainly know of many which aren't. Having said that, if you have a sufficiently low level of respect for your animals, you can mix whichever species you like and take the chance; sometimes you will get away with it. If losing a frog will upset you it's not a good idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back