Kimberley Fishing

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

troynlesa

Not so new Member
Reaction score
This was an email sent to me quite some time back but just in case ya hadnt seen it, i thought i would post it. Im only new to the herp scene, but can someone tell me, would this be an olive python. Its an awesome pic, and would've loved to see how well that roo went down

Troy

Attachments

• KimberlyFishing.jpg
    KimberlyFishing.jpg
    206.8 KB · Views: 261
seen that here before a few months ago... is a great shot though, fake or not!

Have done alot of photoshop work and i cant see any imperfections, they must've been good at it!!!!
What a shot but, hey!!!!

Troy

Can someone point out what makes it a photoshop job?
I thought that this one was real and the elephant one was fake maybe i got it mixed up :?

Best i can come up with is the snake is the add-on. doesnt really have any shadow of its own. either way, i saw the white house blown up in a movie amongst other icons and they were impressive too

Troy

I cant see how that snake could have been added in its wrapped around the rock pretty good.
The shadows seem consistant and the picture seems clear. If it isnt real i would like to see what the snake had originally?
They must have also gone to the effort of finding a wallaby pic that had been up to its neck in water.

Photo chopped :p
It has also been posted with an elephant.

The fact that an edited version of the picture has been created and seen does not automatically label all versions of this picture fake. As has been stated already, the elements of this environment are all consistent and so it is likely that this picture is the original.

Best i can come up with is this was the original pic, used to cut and paste etc for other pics. i still wanna know if this is an olive python people, i am still awaiting my licence and cant wait for the day i can get my cat 5 to own one of these mighty beasties(if it is an olive). got to see one eat a rabbit on saturday just gone at armadale reptile park. What A Sight!!!!! Have some pics from that to post soon

Troy

I really hope so, we(being me and my wife lesa) are embarking on our first python keeping course. and will get to handle an olive whilst there. i just love that cold feeling of life, its so different.

Troy

That picture is real, was taken by a person in the Kimberleys, the mine sites where I live show that picture to their workers as a warning about sleeping away from the campsite or wondering off by themselves.

There are stories of men disappearing but this picture really makes them think about safety!

Liasis olivaceus barroni, the big olive pythons(well they used to get up to atleast 10m a long time ago) 6.5m is the biggest recorded in modern(post megafauna) times. It is regarded by some as Australias biggest python :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back