kimberley northerns are mating

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Richard, lts good to see some of your Kimberley Phase Northern Blue-Tongue's mating at last, thanks for sharing a couple of photos of them mating together, may l wish them both the best of luck in breeding together and l hope by late January 2012 the female has between 4 to 9 juvenile baby bluey's.

l know these are 2 of the Kimberley Bluey's you got from me when l breed them a few years ago, l hope to one day see the Prince Regent Phase Kimberley Blue-Tongue's you got from me in 2009 breed best of luck.

View attachment 217396

ssssnakeman, here is your chance to try and get some more juvenile Kimberley Phase Northern Blue-Tongue's, why don't you send a pm to Richard and let him know your interested in getting some from him, so he knows and he can add your name to his list for when they become available in the future, this maybe your only chance of getting hold of a female for your adult male ( Kimbo ), so he will have a female partner to breed with in the future good luck in getting a female Kimberley Phase Northern Blue-Tongue.

Last edited:
hi les,just the big male is from you,the females are 2 i got from joe ball,hoping the prince regents will be ready to breed next season

hi les,just the big male is from you,the females are 2 i got from joe ball,hoping the prince regents will be ready to breed next season

Hi Richard, Sorry if l said the 2 adult Kimberley Phase Northern Blue-Tongue's were both from me, l didn't know it was only the male only you have mating with one of your 2 females.

As mention before best of luck in them both mating, and l hope you end up with 4 to 9 juvenile Kimberley Phase Northern Blue-Tongue's, and you also one day get to breed your Kimberley Bluey's from Prince Regent WA.:)

cheers baz,and both females have been mated les,hoping for more than 4 to nine but not counting my chickens before they hatch,dont want to jump the gun so to speak :p

cheers baz,and both females have been mated les,hoping for more than 4 to nine but not counting my chickens before they hatch,dont want to jump the gun so to speak :p

Hi Richard, ln regards to how many babies your females Kimberley Phase Northern Blue-Tongue's could have, do you remember when l breed my Kimberley's they only had on average between 4 to 8, where the Darwin NT Phase Northern Blue-Tongue's had on average between 9 to 14, the reason why the Darwin NT Phase Northern Blue-Tongue's have more babie, is because the females are much more bigger in size than the females from the Kimberley Region, don't you agree with what l'm saying here Richard, l should know seeing l breed Northern Blue-Tongue's from NT and WA Regions for a few years.

looking good mate..... I found that those animals went a little later up here outside in Brizzy & were born in early Feb with a gestation of around 104 days.......

thanks bob,yes i remember reading your thread,1 female is yet to have bubs,the most mated one had a litter for joe

cheers joe,im just glad the female allowed the big male i have try this season,last season she actually went him,which is amusing as hes quite a bit bigger than the male i got from you,i still have the girls in with that male to,but havnt witnessed him doing any matings

http://www.aussiepythons.com/forum/australian-lizards-5383/show-us-blue-tongues-115717/page/7

he tried to mate with both 2 years ago.... he got one & missed the other.... some of his babies are now nearly 2 years old and are pictured in Bob's thread (use the hyper link above) by rorybreaker somewhere between page 5 & 10 they are stunners.... even though he has a bit of MBD he is very light in colour & his babies are awesome.

On a side note they breed like flies outside up here..... I have heard others have varied results in southern states...

thanks bob,yes i remember reading your thread,1 female is yet to have bubs,the most mated one had a litter for joe

cheers joe,im just glad the female allowed the big male i have try this season,last season she actually went him,which is amusing as hes quite a bit bigger than the male i got from you,i still have the girls in with that male to,but havnt witnessed him doing any matings

Last edited:
he possably has been mating them to,only get to check them on my break,between 2.30 and 4.30 pm,joysof being a chef ,just didnt notice any scarring from mating,the big male is pretty similar color wise,but has good head spotting,i just cool mine by giving no night heat over winter,gets pretty cold overnite in there,last season i didnt cool them enough,and cooled them differently to the big male that lives alone

do you remember when l breed my Kimberley's they only had on average between 4 to 8, where the Darwin NT Phase Northern Blue-Tongue's had on average between 9 to 14, the reason why the Darwin NT Phase Northern Blue-Tongue's have more babie, is because the females are much more bigger in size than the females from the Kimberley Region, don't you agree with what l'm saying here Richard, l should know seeing l breed Northern Blue-Tongue's from NT and WA Regions for a few years.
I remember that. How many did you get when you crossed the NT northern with the Prince Regent one again? I'd rather they stay pure to locality, but that's probably just me ;)

jan 2012 888.jpgjan 2012 1241.jpg

female 1 had 16 babies,female 2 had 7,joe how many did the female have with you,mine dropped on 12th and 14th of jan,male showed most interest in first female,after a few goes i kept her out and put number 2 in with the male which worked,as he showed only slight interest with the first girl about

View attachment 234379View attachment 234380

female 1 had 16 babies,female 2 had 7,joe how many did the female have with you,mine dropped on 12th and 14th of jan,male showed most interest in first female,after a few goes i kept her out and put number 2 in with the male which worked,as he showed only slight interest with the first girl about

Hi Richard, Congratulations in getting 2 of your female Kimberley Phase Northern Blue-Tongue's on mating and both successfully to have babies, 16 from 1 female Kimberley is very good none of my female Kimberley ever had more than 9 babies when l breed them myself, they had on average between 6 to 9 each year l breed them.

Your hands will be full now that you have 23 babie Kimberley's Phase Northern Blue-Tongue's to look after, l'm glad its you and not me anymore and what ever you decide to do with them, l hope they are well look after and cared for by their new keeper and make it to adulthood and breed in the future best of luck.

Congrats Richard, not enough of these guys are being bred so its great to see some nice big clutches produced.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back