Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shannon

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Here are a few pics from my latest reptile photo shoot - Enjoy!
Still heaps more to come soon when I get a chance to upload.

© 2008 Shannon Plummer. All rights reserved. May not be reproduced without permission.

Larger version viewable in my album.

Dajarra Death Adder (Acanthophis sp.) Mt Isa locality.
SPP_0538.jpg

Common Death Adder (Acanthophis antarcticus).
SPP_0511.jpg

SPP_0494.jpg

SPP_0487.jpg

Broad-Headed Snake (Hoplocephalus bungaroides).
Venomous snake native to Australia. Listed as Vulnerable by the IUCN 2.3
SPP_0438.jpg

Broad-Headed Snake (Hoplocephalus bungaroides).
Venomous snake native to Australia. Listed as Vulnerable by the IUCN 2.3
SPP_0429.jpg

A rather charismatic young Spotted Python (Antaresia maculosa).
SPP_0409.jpg

Black-headed Python (Aspidites melanocephalus).
SPP_0368.jpg

Black-headed Python (Aspidites melanocephalus).
SPP_0361R.jpg

Woma Python (Aspidites ramsayi), South Australia locality. Listed as Endangered by IUCN 2.3.
SPP_0338R.jpg

Woma Python (Aspidites ramsayi), South Australia locality. Listed as Endangered by IUCN 2.3.
SPP_0333R.jpg

SPP_0323.jpg

SPP_0318.jpg

Hi Shannon,

Great photos ... as per usual. Was not aware of Broad-headed Snake. At first glance, I was trying to identfy which type of python, particularly the second photo.

I checked out your website and noticed that there were no Common Tree Snakes, which struck me as unusual given you're a Queenslander. Any plans to rectify that?

Cheers,
Nic

Absolutely amazing! I adore the pics of the Woma and BHP!

Thanks Nic - yes I definitely would like to rectify that!!!! haha Access is the key - I shoot what I have access to and so far that's only a Night Tiger but no GTS.

Hi Shannon,

Great photos ... as per usual. Was not aware of Broad-headed Snake. At first glance, I was trying to identfy which type of python, particularly the second photo.

I checked out your website and noticed that there were no Common Tree Snakes, which struck me as unusual given you're a Queenslander. Any plans to rectify that?

Cheers,
Nic

they are amazing!

what camera etc do you use??

sophie

Thanks Sophie,

Let me first say that equipment isn't as important and knowing how to use what you have.
With that said these were all shot using -

Nikon D200 + 18-200mm lens
R1C1 Macro Lighting Kit attached to front of lens
Nikon SB-800 wireless on stand, camera left and above
Shot outside on white seamless paper in shade from 1pm - 5pm

they are amazing!

what camera etc do you use??

sophie

Thanks Nic - yes I definitely would like to rectify that!!!! haha Access is the key - I shoot what I have access to and so far that's only a Night Tiger but no GTS.

Surely there must be some Queensland-based CTS owners out there who'll gladly offer their snakes for use as your photographic subjects. I'd love to see what you could do with some blue-phase ones.

Failing that, if you're ever in Melbourne, my two are at your disposal ...

Attachments

Thanks Nic, I'll keep that in mind - and to all those GTS keepers in or around Brisbane - I'm awaiting your messages . . .

Surely there must be some Queensland-based CTS owners out there who'll gladly offer their snakes for use as your photographic subjects. I'd love to see what you could do with some blue-phase ones.

Failing that, if you're ever in Melbourne, my two are at your disposal ...

Thanks - the Broad-headed Snake was crazy as hell and surprisingly active for a relatively cool day. It was a workout for myself and the wrangler I can tell you!

Stunning photos and Hoplocephalus bungaroides is breathtakingly beautiful.

Stunning photos....beautiful animals! Great work Shannon

I've got the same camera and lens so live in hope I may take photos like this one day!

Are you using a diffuser or umbrella as well?

You said they were shot on white seamless paper......a couple seem to be shot on some reflective material as well...what is that?

cheers

Greg

Hi Greg,

I had diffusers on the R1C1 lights but not on the SB-800 which was aimed from above but more toward the white backdrop then exactly at the subject.

In terms of the reflective images - well . . . if I told you then I'd have to kill you and I don't want to do that! :lol:

Stunning photos....beautiful animals! Great work Shannon

I've got the same camera and lens so live in hope I may take photos like this one day!

Are you using a diffuser or umbrella as well?

You said they were shot on white seamless paper......a couple seem to be shot on some reflective material as well...what is that?

cheers

Greg

Thanks guys - more to come soon including -

more - Dajarra Death Adder

Barkley Death Adder

Colette's Snake

Stephen's Banded Snake

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back