Levis gravid?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

cadwallader

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,
first time breeding geckos, i think she is gravid now as i think i see to bulges in her, but i wasn't expecting it at all because i thought it was out of season? has anyone else had gravid levis this time of year? also how long for the time you can see them to the time of laying?

Hi, generally it is the wrong time of year but it is possible.

You can see the eggs easily through the underside for about a week before laying. Post some photos of here underside if bulges are visible the eggs should easily be big enough to see. In my experience mine don't really bulge at all they just have easily visible eggs.

As GeckPhotographer mentioned , You normally see the eggs very easily so if she is gravid you will tell straight away by looking at her under side.

Most of mine are gravid ATM but i do live in Cairns. The eggs are usually pretty easy to see in the underside of the smooths.
Try keep an eye out for her pre-lay shed. Mine lay from 2-6 days after their pre-lay shed.

Last edited:
with it yeah just keep an eye out for pre lay shed as mummabear said a few days after that mine average is 4 days after shed
good luck

looks gravid to me :)

any ideas of time till lay? and any one used the over water method for geckos i used it for my snakes with 100% success, so think i will use t for these too

I don't know anyone personally that does but I've hear of OS people using over water with levis with great success. Just make sure the eggs can't roll.

One of mine laid last week, I've never had other species that breed so prolifically.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back