Lialis burtonis- who has them?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mork

Reaction score
Does anyone have any legal Burton's? The only legal ones i have ever come across were research permit ones. I suspect that due to their difficult husbandry requirements that they are very uncommon within the hobby (due to being picky eaters etc) but just want to gauge their availability.

Thanx

Last edited:
The only place i have seen or heard of them being kept is the australian reptile park

Im fairly sure there are a few around and i have seen adults small juveniles advertised for sale before. One of the main problems is its actually illegal to feed them in many states.

If you live someowhere with AHGs they would be fairly easy to look after and you can also feed them selected native lizards in Qld and possibly other states.

Does anyone have any legal Burton's? The only legal ones i have ever come across were research permit ones. I suspect that due to their difficult husbandry requirements that they are very sp**** within the hobby (due to being picky eaters etc) but just want to gauge their availability.

Thanx

Last March 2006 and in July there were ads on HerpTrader for a hatchlings and a 3 yr old pair.

i think codeth had one but it died

G'day Mork,

We keep captive bred, legal Burtons. Their husbandry is very simple - we keep them in 7 litre Sistema tubs, in a heated rack. Paper towel substrate, feed them a Garden Skink or Asian House Gecko every fortnight or so and that's about it.

Cheers,

Jonno

there was one in Nortside Pets (an adelaide pet shop) a while ago, dont know if its still there....?

I may be mistaken but I think URS had them a fair while ago too

lol, geckodan breeds them, i think they go for $150

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back