LOL I really do have thoughtful neighbours!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bel03

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
:lol: The old man that lives behind us knows i have Matilda, as when his great grandkids are over, they end up playing at my house.....& they have seen her. So anyway, i was out hanging the washing this morning, before making a 2hr appearance at work today ;) & Geoff comes over to the fence with a bag in his hand. Long story short, he set rat traps in his shed last night, & in all 6 traps, he had a rat.......he knew they were breeding in his shed & thought he may as well catch them for Matilda! I mean, its very thoughtful on his part, he is a 87yr old man......i didnt have the heart to tell him i wouldnt use them, so i just thanked him & now have to keep them in 'hubbys' beer fridge/freezer until next bin day!

See, not all neighbors are bad.......i am quite lucky, i have a few really great neighbors.......some even bring me chocolates! :D

That's so nice of him! Good on him for being so thoughtful, even if you can't use the rats. Better than flowers any day lol ;)

That's so nice of him! Good on him for being so thoughtful, even if you can't use the rats. Better than flowers any day lol ;)

I actually agree with that, i dont like flowers......a bit of 'bling' would be alright though! ;)

thats very sweet of him indeed. My neighbours dad lives out in the bush somewhere, and when one day he saw a small spotted python in his shed, he thought I might wanted it as he knew I keep snakes. Anyhow, he put the little fella in a shoebox in his car and drove to my house. He vas very exited to tell me, but when he went to the car to pick up the snake, it was gone:D. I had a good chuckle and told him to leave them be as its illegal to just take wildlife here in oz, which he was very surprised about. His wife took about two months to get back into his car and wont even set foot in my house:D

..... and when one day he saw a small spotted python in his shed, he thought I might wanted it as he knew I keep snakes. Anyhow, he put the little fella in a shoebox in his car and drove to my house. .....:D

I get that all the time. I use to feel bad to say no, and would take them all, and just go release them again. But now I tell them to either release it or I will, because I don't want any more. Oh and I do mention it is illegal but people here don't seem to know the meaning of that word.

The ones that **** me off, though, are the ones that tell me they will kill it if I don't take it. Two people, so far, have asked me if I want fully grown goannas. If I don't take them they are going to kill them. Well, unfortunately for the animal, I had to say no. I can't handle a full grown, wild lace monitor. I have nothing to be able to catch them, nor do I have the experience or skills to know how. One guy shoots them while the other thought it was fair to throw boiling water over them. I told that guy, if he had to kill them at all, a bullet would be kinder than throwing hot water at them. He said he wished it would get an infection and go and die. :( If was a millionaire, I would have a sanctuary in my backyard for the big old dinosaurs.

:lol: The old man that lives behind us knows i have Matilda, as when his great grandkids are over, they end up playing at my house.....& they have seen her. So anyway, i was out hanging the washing this morning, before making a 2hr appearance at work today ;) & Geoff comes over to the fence with a bag in his hand. Long story short, he set rat traps in his shed last night, & in all 6 traps, he had a rat.......he knew they were breeding in his shed & thought he may as well catch them for Matilda! I mean, its very thoughtful on his part, he is a 87yr old man......i didnt have the heart to tell him i wouldnt use them, so i just thanked him & now have to keep them in 'hubbys' beer fridge/freezer until next bin day!

See, not all neighbors are bad.......i am quite lucky, i have a few really great neighbors.......some even bring me chocolates! :D

That is really awesome :D Its good to know that not everyone hates reptiles. Even those who don't like them around their house still hope the animal fairs well.

Last edited:
The ones that **** me off, though, are the ones that tell me they will kill it if I don't take it. Two people, so far, have asked me if I want fully grown goannas. If I don't take them they are going to kill them. Well, unfortunately for the animal, I had to say no. I can't handle a full grown, wild lace monitor. I have nothing to be able to catch them, nor do I have the experience or skills to know how. One guy shoots them while the other thought it was fair to throw boiling water over them. I told that guy, if he had to kill them at all, a bullet would be kinder than throwing hot water at them. He said he wished it would get an infection and go and die. :( If was a millionaire, I would have a sanctuary in my backyard for the big old dinosaurs.

is it not possible to call a reptile catcher to relocate the laceys if you cant??

Nobody wants to do it. Besides FAWNA is there for the purpose of injured wildlife, or relocating un-welcomed guests out of people's homes, not to relocate wildlife out of people's yards, especially when 90% of callers are in rural areas and find it surprising to find wildlife lurking their land.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back