Marble Scorpions

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AlienFirefox

Reaction score
I got baby scorpions, they jumping off their mothers back I have moved the male already and I am waiting for the rest to jump off so I can move her
I got weenie crickets for them
this should suffice right just gotta remove mummy when they all jump off?
I have disturbed her as I went looking for her to scoop her up too but shes still got babies on her back and so I hope I didn;t stress her and she eats her babies

this is my first time dealing with baby scorps and I am concerned im gonna screw up

Which species is it? Cercophonius squama? (I may have spelled that wrong, it's many years since I was paying much attention to scorpions). I bred this species many years ago, you'll get a higher survival rate if the babies stay on their mother until after they moult, but perhaps they may manage to moult on their own. Once moulted they'll be ready to feed. This species is very small, I actually used to start them on tiny mealworms (you won't be able to buy them that small, I diligently picked through my colonies for the smallest mealworms I could see), for memory even first instar crickets may be too large, but you can give it a go. The other Australian species I sometimes see being called 'Marble Scorpions' are in the genus Lychas. I've kept them, never bred them, but assume the babies would be fairly similar.

Most people struggle to raise scorpions (actually, most people don't even do particularly well with adults of small species), so don't feel too bad if you struggle, but it's certainly possible. Best of luck!

Hey mate I bred scorpions for around 10 years straight. I would raise the scorplings communally in a small tub with only one hide so they would all congregate under it and would put a freshly pre killed small cricket under the hide and they would all chop in to it, it helps to have it slightly squished.
In nature they would stay close to mum for a bit and share her food.
Don't forget to take the remains out the next day or it will mould.
Good luck!

Back