Meet Bazz my new lil beardie. (thoughts?)

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

gruba10

Reaction score
hey,

just added a new addition to my reptile craze.....
BAZZ the juvenile beardie!!!. i didnt ask how old he was though :(
got him for $75 coz they stuffed the price up hehe:eek:, he lookd good and healthy and is a ripper when it comes to feeding time, he smashed half a dozen of crickets today at the store b4 i took him but he seems a little scared atm so leaving him alone until hes settled in.

anybody wanna give me there thoughts on how often i should handle him and how etc? dont really know TOO much about the beardies handling wise, he seems annoyed when i put my hand near him and flattens hes back and goes to snap at me so yeh....

ENJOY!

Attachments

• SDC10517.jpg
    SDC10517.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 96
  • SDC10516.jpg
    SDC10516.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 98
  • SDC10515.jpg
    SDC10515.jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 83
Just keep putting your hands in the cage. They settle down a lot with age. Mine used to be very flighty and always want to climb off my hand, but when he got to a yr old he calmed down and now will readily let me handle him and can let him roam the front yard with supervision without running away.
He will settle down and don't give up hope. Just keep doing it and he will get the idea that you're no threat. You could also try hand feeding and then you'll probably be his best friend.
:)
good luck
Tam

hey thanks heaps. i assure you i will not be giving up. i am amazed by and admire both my jungle and now the beardie everyday, i watch them instead of tv most days.
as for the handling, yeah ive just been putting in my hand and giving him a little pat now and then, seems to be adapting slowly

i wouldnt go overbord with handling it for the next few days , let it settle in . as long as u have the basking area at 38-40+ degrees , and u have a uv light then it should be fine . with food just make sure the crickets or roaches arnt too big as it will cause issues.

Sweet thanks. 38? That's really hot yea? My hottest is 33, goin by wat the store told me

Haha gruba you didn't waste any time in buying one good work. Hope he settles in nicely for ya

Give him a few days to settle down and work out his new home. They don't relocate too well, so some time out by himself will help him settle in. Then handling a little every day will help him to learn you are his friend. As long as you support his body under his tummy and all legs he should be happy to sit there. Just make sure you don't hold him up too high in the air (maybe you sit down) as they tend to bolt when frightened and they don't watch where they run, they just go. So you don't want him to fall and hurt himself. But mostly enjoy him, they are great little lizards with fantastic personalities.

hey, thanks heaps. yeah he seems happy now, eats heaps!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back