mountain lion

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

red_belly_blacks

Not so new Member
Reaction score
just thought i would let you all know i am officially getting my mountain lion in the new year i cant wait will keep you updated

yeah in aus i have a mate who has a cheeta that is legal he also has monkeys too

What sort of enclosure are you getting for it?
Will you need to take it for a walk every day?

Last edited:
This member is legally allowed to keep these animals.

Anymore smart comments will be deleted and infractions given.

Can i please ask what licensing system allows you to keep these animals? Is this a private license? Or business?

I am sure he will explain it when he is back on line.
I am presuming he works in a wildlife park/zoo and would not personally own them.

im aware it is possible to own such animals however it takes months to get the correct permits and then the animal itself is even harder to get , just cant see him keeping a mountain lion

There are a few private individuals licensed to keep these sorts of things, but it is always as exhibitors, and it takes forever to get through the bureaucratic hoops. I have a friend in Sydney who has alligators, monkeys, and a couple of exotic pythons, but it took years of wrangling to get the necessary approvals.

Mountain Lions are just about on their last legs in this country now though, very few, if any, bred these days, and as far as I know, no recent imports. They will probably die out in Australia within a few years.

Jamie

Good to see another Mountain Lion keeper on the forums :)

Most Aussie zoo's are 'phasing out' North American animals with the exception of alligators and maybe bison. I think the only places with an interest in keeping mountain lion/puma/cougar are Canberra zoo and Dreamworld, therefore breeding them is restricted as there's no places to display the offspring. Is it an adult or a cub?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back