moving from syd to bris enclosure question

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

herper26

Reaction score
Hi I live in sydney and am soon to move to brisbane. I will be taking my reptiles (1xbeardie, 2x ridge tailed monitors, soon a woma and inland carpet and others) with me and have a few questions about the heat and humidity over summer and how that relates to enclosure setups.

At the moment I have the normal melanine 4foot enclosures with glass sliding doors on front 1 vent on rear wall. Would get other suitable size enclosures for new snakes etc.

To people living in brisbane who have experience with reptiles over summer what enclosure setups do you recommend. I know its hotter and more humid in summer in bne over syd.

Do you guys use pegboard backings on cages to combat the problem of overheating etc?
Do you just use standard melamine setups with extra vents etc?

Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

I use pegboard on the back of my cages. Other I know just use 3 or 4 plastic vents.
My thoughts are that the pegboard give better ventilation but maybe of more importance is that you give the reptile an area it can get away from your heat source.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back