Murray River Turtle - eye problem

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Frizzery

Reaction score
I have 2 murray river turtles I got in January.
I'm worried about one of them as there is something weird on both its eyes, some white stuff growing on both eyes and they are puffy looking. The other ones eyes look totally normal.

In the beginning we realised water quality made both their eyes a bit puffy but that has been in control for months now.

We use rain water and they have a heater, uvb lamp etc. We live remotely but water tested every 2 weeks or so and ph checked regularly.

We feed them mainly on turtle pellets, raw chicken (as directed by pet shop), turtle dinners and of course water plants which we source from the local dam where turtles live (no farming run off) We are waiting on duckweek seeds to arrive in the post as can't seem to find any other source at the moment.

They are both active but worried about the eyes and unsure if their shells are the right colour? We had added a little aquarium salt to the water as read that can help with eye infections and tank is cleaned regularly but the eyes have been like thsi for a few weeks now.

Thanks loads for any advice.

Attachments

• turtle1.jpg
    turtle1.jpg
    24.4 KB · Views: 0
  • turtle2.jpg
    turtle2.jpg
    23.6 KB · Views: 0

Latest posts

Back