my baby bearded dragon set-up (need help!)

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Haha, aww - Did they look funny? I washed the whole bag of sand when i got it (about 6 months ago) because the pet shop guy said it would do that otherwise. I used about half of it for the gecko's and it didn't stain them, so hopefully this being washed aswell won't stain.... hopefully lol

It was kind of cute, little red bellies, but I didn't know what it was at first... it freaked me out!
I ended up taking the sand out and switching to newspaper and it disappeared over time (with a few baths too).

I'm sure if you wash it well enough it will be okay. I think what I did was washed a whole heap when I first put it in there, but when I changed some over, forgot to wash the new lot. So I'm sure you'll be fine :)

Love the look of your tank. I would recommend making your own rock wall background though. It may even help with insulating your enclosure a fraction. You can feed your beardie in a seperate plastic container to stop crickets escaping

Ive got desert sand that I collected from the mallee in Victoria. The colour does seem to come off a little on to the bearded a little bit but it just comes off when he sheds and not really a big problem.

I love to have them track down the escapees in the tank an hour after feeding though haha

except that they have a habit of attacking the dragons thus stressing them out, well so ive seen posted on here before

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back