My Beardies

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
just a quick question, did you have any trouble with juvi beardies going through sub hibernation???
i' ve read that they arent suppose to until they are 12-18 mth, i got mine 4 weeks ago and hasnt eaten of been active unless im holding him!
anyone with any help?

Damian, My are doing that right now. They are 7 months old and I haven't seen them out and about for a week and a half now. The temps are sill right up, but its not making any difference. Others have assured me I shouldn't be worried. I am though.

Damian, My are doing that right now. They are 7 months old and I haven't seen them out and about for a week and a half now. The temps are sill right up, but its not making any difference. Others have assured me I shouldn't be worried. I am though.

I've had them brumate this young with no problems. Just make sure water is available and offer food if you see them active. Sorry for the thread hijack.

yeah thanks guys, my local breeder, chris said they can do it, but not really suppose to
i keep a variety of fresh green herbs and water in there daily, he is fine when you hold him and he warms up.
i have noticed the p****ly, basil and rocket moved but doenst look eaten, i tried him with a baby grasshopper i foind in the herb garden but he ignored it...
im getting him a buddy too in the coming weeks it might provoke him the be more active if not i wont worry too much..
and is there many peaple from the far north coast nsw on here ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back