My Dad - With Cobra in Hand

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mrs I

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
We lived in Sri Lanka for a while growing up.

Thought you all might like to see this picture of my dad with a cobra in his hand.

My parents tell me it slithered into our house and dad just grabbed it to take it outside.

Once outside it tried to strike at him so he dropped it and in his words, ran the other way, lol.

They also tell me it was a 'snake charmers' cobra so it was defanged but dad didnt know that at the time.

Anyway just thought you might like to see the pic.

Mrs I

xxx

Last edited:
Oh this would have been in about 1978 - 79...

And he is very embarressed at his hair style, lmao.

Mrs I

xxx

What a cool pic! Good to hear that he decided to move it rather than use what some people refer to as 'the relocator' (aka shovel).

I watched a Steve Irwan program yesterday (or Saturday... can't remember) which had a bit about the Sri Lanka gypsies de-fanging cobras and taking baby monkeys away from their parents and not giving the babie back until the parents performed their tricks... I realise that that is the way those people survive, but that's harsh and mean. The daddy monkey shown on the program looked so distraught and when he got his baby back he tried to hide it from view so it couldn't be taken again. So sad :(

Miss Morph-lette, i saw that too, and if they are still doing that stuff nowa days could you imagine what it was like when we were there !!

My parents certainly have some good stories to tell.

Mrs I

xxx

I refuse to show my son that.....next to the GTP thats his favourite!

Great pic....hope you Dad knows he is famous!

Great pic Taryn! I saw that show too. I was horrified that cruelty of that magnitude is still going on! Just awful! Good on Steve for buying that cobra. Will the world ever know anyone like him again? I hope so.......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back