My diamonds [european born :D]

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MoOrelia

Not so new Member
Reaction score
I got them from a Sweden breeder, one of the pionner of this species outside OZ. Parents and Grand parents CB. Male is around 320g and femelle 250g.

male

dsc_4210.jpg

dsc_4211.jpg

dsc_4212.jpg

dsc_4213.jpg

dsc_4214.jpg

dsc_4215.jpg

dsc_4216.jpg

p1030910.jpg

femelle

dsc_4217.jpg

dsc_4222.jpg

dsc_4223.jpg

dsc_4220.jpg

dsc_4221.jpg

p1030911.jpg

p1030912.jpg

Meme sans flash j'adore les couleurs
p1030913.jpg

Une tite tof des terras
13092010.jpg

Voili voilou

Voilou voilou

Usually its around 1800€ (2500AUD) a pair of juvenile in europe !
Mine are 1 year old, from a knowing bloodline, i paid them 2100AUD, so not too bad. But still so expensive. On the other hand we are 5-6 breeders in france of this beauties.

There are a bit harder ti keep than other carpet pythons, they need cooler T° and before few experiences were available, so a lot got pneumonia and stomatite ending in dead so...a lot of people are afraid. But its mainly because eople hibernate them or let them 3month without basking... in winter in sydney its still 20°c during some hours so apparently one of the key to keep them its to keep a basking point around 25° during few hours in the cooler periode of winter.

More pics later with my Nikon

[QUOTE=MoOrelia;

There are a bit harder ti keep than other carpet pythons, they need cooler T° and before few experiences were available, so a lot got pneumonia and stomatite ending in dead so...a lot of people are afraid. But its mainly because eople hibernate them or let them 3month without basking... in winter in sydney its still 20°c during some hours so apparently one of the key to keep them its to keep a basking point around 25° during few hours in the cooler periode of winter.

Its funny how so many people say that "diamonds are harder to keep". How so?
They aren't any harder to keep then any other species, ALL snake species have evolved to a certain climate, if you replicate that climate they will be fine. Their not harder there just DIFFERENT. In fact they are easier to keep because they don't have the same heating regime requirements, and that makes them cheaper too! Unless you are in the tropics...

You talk about keeping them cooler and yet the problems you have spoken about (Pneumonia and stomatitis) are both brought on by being kept too cool. Why would you only let them get to 25 for a few hrs a day in the winter months? Is this what they do in the wild?

Diamonds like any other snake still need to raise their temps to be able to keep their immunity system functioning. They can tolerate colder temps but still need to get up to at least the high 20's, and occasionally into the 30's. Just like they do in the wild.

One more point on your enclosure, those lights are an accident waiting to happen.
Cut a hole in the top and sit them on the outside with the mesh under. Then put a branch up to the light for them to bask on.
Or mesh off the whole corner with the light in so your expensive snake doesn't burn itself.

DSC_0612.jpgDSC_0613.jpgDSC_0615.jpg lovely snake man im pretty sure yours will turn out like this one or close to it ive only ever seen one like this in australia im on the list for hatchies in future :)

god dammit i hate pictures this snake in person is like a high lighter yellow ill have to get some better pics

MoOrelia; There are a bit harder ti keep than other carpet pythons said:
Give the bloke a break, english is obviously his 2nd language therefore harder may have been easier then different for him to type!!
Imagine if we could keep exotics, we may find some species harder/different then say people who reside in the snakes home land!!
Thanx for sharing MoOrelia, nice diamonds!!

Right on Cement,
you just need to understand and replicate there natural environment.
Ps: I think there might be more of these around than you think!

HY Diamond 007 web.jpg
HY Diamond 006 web.jpg

SO to answer you guyz:

- first don't worry about eh heat with ceramic, the protection is absolutely not warm (i can let my hand easily). The only risk would be if the railing get out and the snake go inside the boal around the cermaic lamp. But this wont happened as i attached all the part together.

- Secondly in winter, in australia diamond python part, you should know better than me, during the day its around 20°C. so why keep them 30° all the year thats not what happenening in your country ;) so thats why i am not keeping them 30° all around, cause in sydney i'am sorry but days in winter are not the same than in summer :D
But for sure during this time they might not be faid
(actually its sure we won't feed them for 3 month) like they usually do in the wild as in winter few mouse/rats are outside...

- For Sammy : In france where i live i will get down to -5°C in winter sometimes less and 40° in summer , but anyway here we never keep reptiles outside like you guyz might do ;). For the T° i try to reproduce what happened in their natural environement so : 32-30°C hot spot and 22-20° night and for 3 months 25°C hot spot and 18° or less at night.

And thx Bax155 yes i'am not an english native but fortunetly i learned it, and travelling a long around your country helped me a lot. By the way your kangaroos burgers are disgusting Beurk....:D

See ya

Last edited:
Oh and i forgot FOr cement :

I maintain that they i harder.
First because sometime its harder for people to reproduce they usuall climate (you need a room at 15°C). But even, at this T° sometimes and by a lack of knowledge about breeding them a lot of specimens died. not like centralian, jungle or coastal carpet who are keeping by total neeb sometimes without any problem.

Its all about the knowledge available...
For instanceThe Green tree python is supposed to be a bit harder to keep by his conditions (and when its a WC its worth: full parasited), but its a famous snake in europe a LOt lot lot of people have them so we have a lot of information (get the book about greg Maxwell) 315 pages on this species :D and so their are quite easy to keep and breed now.

So when we say "its harder to keep" its because of a lack of knowledge and its about ability or not to reproduce they needs.

For this species i'am one of the first who did a complete captive breeding paper in Europe... so imagine for people who wants to breed them in france...not so much knowledge available. (now its going better)

Last edited:
So you have good english, just a bad speller?? Hence the reason I thought your english was bad!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back