naked hermit crab! LOL!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

oreo1

Reaction score
i visited this pet shop on the weekend who stock reptiles and supplies (hoping to find a upgrade for a thermostat). shockingly, this store, along with all the others i visited on the sunshine coast, had no thermostats of any type. anyway i was wandering around this shop and to my amazement and horror, i saw this naked hermit crab!!! i had never witnessed a hermit crab movin shells before so it was quite interesting. i also attached a pic of the BIGGEST hermit i have ever seen. pics dont show its true size but it was about the size of a 3D spherical, 7cm diametre shell..:shock: ENJOY!! i know i did!:p
Photo0191.jpg

Photo0193.jpg

Photo0194.jpg

Photo0192.jpg

Thats cool, the naked one is nothing like I imagined it would look and that other looks pretty big. I saw a huge one in Fiji it would have been about the same size as that one!

hahaa i take it youve never seen a hermit crab de-shelling either?? lol wat did u expect it to look like?

I saw a few naked hermit crabs in the one pet shop not all that long ago, they were just hangin about though. I have a feeling there wasn't enough shells.

I used to have 4 hermit crabs. One of them was huge like the one in your picture. It used to pull one of my other ones out of his shell and steal it! It did I'd about 3 times until I took itback to the petshop! I don't know why it wanted this particular ones shell as it was way too small for it! And there were an assortment of other shells to occupy?

hahaa i take it youve never seen a hermit crab de-shelling either?? lol wat did u expect it to look like?

Yeah I had never seen one shed before, not exactly sure what I expected to see, I suppose I very naievely thought it would be pink and fleshy lol, I had read that they were very exposed when shedding so didn't think they would have much of an exoskeleton on that section!

haha i dont like big hermit crabs anymore there claws hurt like crazy lol
but ive neva seen one movin homes b4 it looks cool

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back