need brisbane wildcare- bird

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ozzie Python

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
gday,

i got a crow in my back yard that has left its nest early and can't fly just yet. i need to get in contact with someone from wildcare etc that can help sort it out. have tried wildcare and biro and no answers at all from either.

any contacts people? im in logan area.

hey,
i'll try to get you a number, my mentor might know of a carer in Logan

A list if wildlife carers in the area
Benbrook, Trixie.
11 Antares Ave, Kingston.
Phone: 3208 3512.

Wildcare Australia.
Based at Currumbin, but sources carers in Logan, Beenleigh and surrounds.
Phone: 5527 2444 (24 hours).
Daisy Hill Koala Centre,
Daisy Hill Rd.
Phone: 3299 1032.

Hopefully these will be of some help.

Trust me the best thing you can do is leave it there. The parents will stilll be around to care for it until it is ready to fly. The more you involve yourself the less likely it is the crow will survive!

gday,

i got a crow in my back yard that has left its nest early and can't fly just yet. i need to get in contact with someone from wildcare etc that can help sort it out. have tried wildcare and biro and no answers at all from either.

any contacts people? im in logan area.

The quote about birds leaving their babies if they have the scent of a human is false.

Trust me the best thing you can do is leave it there. The parents will stilll be around to care for it until it is ready to fly.

As Waruikazi said, you're probably best off leaving it there, and just keeping dogs, cats etc away. I'm doing work placement at the Currumbin wildlife hospital at the moment, and the majority of chicks brought in are perfectly healthy, and were just fledgelings. Many people think their parents have abandoned them etc. when this isn't the case :) I would recommend you just keep an eye on the guy and make sure that the parents are feeding it still- they'll know where it is, because it'll call to them. If its approaching dark and you are certain the parents haven't come down to feed it, that may be another story, however.

goodluck :)

If you haven't seen mum and dad feed and tend it by this evening and you are certain that it's not going to be collected or thats in danger you can call the RSPCA, they do pickups on the Gold Coast aparently

If you haven't seen mum and dad feed and tend it by this evening and you are certain that it's not going to be collected or thats in danger you can call the RSPCA, they do pickups on the Gold Coast aparently

But even if the parents have abandoned it, unless the abandonedment was caused by human interferance, it should be left to fend for itself. Chances are it will die but that is a good thing! It means it is food for the other animals in the area, that could be the feed a mother quoll or carpet python needs.

i agree it should be left alone people, however i have a bull arab and poodle who both think otherwise, and both have already been locked in the house for 24 hours, add the next 2 houses on one side of me both with staffies, house below with an angry rotti, and on the other side a shepherd. it is in this birds best interest to get in a tree away from all the hounds and their backyards.

i did manage to get coax it into a basket and get it in a tree 50m up the road on a nature reserve. and the parents swooped me the whole way so they know where it is. (and i didn't touch it, thats a big beak and a nice set of claws i didn't want to meet).

i don't think it is far from flying and i'm fairly confident the parents are still going to try feed it, they just aren't game to come land in my yard after my dog bailed them all up in a corner yesterday.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back