Need Knowledge on Freighting reptiles

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hazordous-Herps

Reaction score
Hi, I’m new to all the licensing,freighting, import and export side of the reptile hobby and would like to knowmore, particularly in freighting.

I would just like to know do you need an online license to buy reptiles online,and would I have gotten it with my basic license. Also do I need an import licenseif a person is freighting an animal to me and if this only applies if it’ssending interstate? If you could please give me the Queensland laws as I knowdifferent states have different types of restrictions and rules of thesethings.

Any help would be much
Appreciated, thank you

HI H .... I just recently bought a BHP from Dens in QLD .. im in NSW ..... when I applied for my original class 1 (R1) licence ... it was online... and the number gets issued to u straight away .. but isnt actually active on the system until a month later ......
However you can still buy a reptile within NSW while the licence is pending, but you cant record your reptile on the online fauna book until the system gets updated with your info.
As for buying interstate you wont be able to get the online import licence until the system has recorded your initial R1 licence They are Issued online on the spot for the fee of $27 as u get a discount for applying over the net...

HI H .... I just recently bought a BHP from Dens in QLD .. im in NSW ..... when I applied for my original class 1 (R1) licence ... it was online... and the number gets issued to u straight away .. but isnt actually active on the system until a month later ......
However you can still buy a reptile within NSW while the licence is pending, but you cant record your reptile on the online fauna book until the system gets updated with your info.
As for buying interstate you wont be able to get the online import licence until the system has recorded your initial R1 licence They are Issued online on the spot for the fee of $27 as u get a discount for applying over the net...

- - - Updated - - -

You should be able to register your current licence online
Import/Export licences are issued straight away and are valid for a month to the day .... I hope ive helped in some way ... my wording and paragraphs are usually really **** though sorry lol

Wow thanks for the info on the import license I thought it was a whole new license and didn't know I only had to register my basic license. Thanks you have helped a lot plus my spelling isn't to crash hot either the only thing keeping my words readable is the spelling checker.:)

no worries... I was totally lost on what to do as well ... but had some help from a mate .... but it all seemed to go down pretty well .... only hick up i had was the air port my snake was shipped from put it on the later flight and i had to wait and extra hour.... which was a long time when i'd been waiting 6 weeks previous while paying him off lol ...... glad I could help :)

If you buy within queensland, the seller fills out a movement advice and you just need to sign a copy they send you and post it off- they do the rest. There is also a copy for your own records. As to tracking your animals you need to fill out your record book accordingly. If you import from out of state, it varies a bit more, and depends on the state its coming from. E.g. NSW you pay ~$30 for an export permit FROM NSW (pay the breeder/seller and they should sort it out for you) and YOU just fill out a movement advice and send it off. The movement advice in QLD is free - doesn't cost to move animals interstate or transfer between keepers.

Click to download teh qld movement advice

Hope this helps :)

Last edited:
I didn't have to wait until my R1 was fully processed....cuz I got my license online and then bought my BHP the same day from the NT from Reptile Territory.i got the import license online and emailed to me while I was on the phone to him...

I also needed some of the information on the QLD laws, so thanks for telling me about it. Queensland seems to have pretty relaxed laws compared to some other states

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back