Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

elapid@

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
just got my new snake late last night picked up from the air port. A pale-headed snake and a real stunner. i will get some pics, just waiting for the camera to recharge.
cheers steve.

awesome stuff :D look forward to seeing some pics.

I love the pattern and head colours of these guys. Love to see some head close ups if possible.
Did you just get the one or a pair?

Have you kept these before or any other hoplocephalus?

I've kept yellow faced whip snakes before but no hoplocephalus.

hello

it was born this year in april and i think it is a male. but i will be getting another one soon.

Thanks for sharing! How venomous are pale-headed snakes?

How do you easily sex them? probing? Do they do best in an aboreal environment and what about heating etc? Is just a basking spot suitable for when they want to use it or do they need a strict temp gradient? How old do they need to be to breed?

hello

Thanks for sharing! How venomous are pale-headed snakes?
I dont intend on getting bitten if bitten you probably start to develop double vision start sweating and have breathing difficulty,get server headache and muscular weakness.
they are neurotoxic, they use tiger snake antivenom and depending on the invenomation the initial dose is 3000 units. There average venom yield is 1.66 mg

cheers steve

hello

How do you easily sex them? probing? Do they do best in an aboreal environment and what about heating etc? Is just a basking spot suitable for when they want to use it or do they need a strict temp gradient? How old do they need to be to breed?
They are a nocturnal arboreal snake with keeled ventrals that helps there grip to climb. So i will be putting in heaps of fake branches and washed bark and a hide box. i will have mine basically the same as all my other snakes and they are all at about 24c - 28c my enclosure's all get natural light so i will just have a 25 watt color globe in its enclosure but at the moment because he's so small i use a heat cord at one end under his plastic box. Ive read that they mate from feb,may and september by introducing the male to the female.It will be a while till mine gets to that stage - like three years away, i only have one but thinking later down the track on getting another one.
cheers steve.

hello

awesome steve mate congrats on that is it just that one and the red bellie now
thanks mate im stoked, ive been waiting for it about two weeks. yeah there the only elapids i have at this moment but might be getting a spotted black soon..:lol:.
thanks slither
steve.

Ok you can officially add this guy to my second most wanted elapid (behind tha death adders of course!!) I love how tha white kinda looks like the skeletal system of tha snake!! Nice purchase!!

Cheers, Dee.

Yeah they do have that kind of skeletal look. they are definitely got some good features about them.
I have been thinking what i will name him and as he dose have that skeletal look i will name him skelator.
thanks dee.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back