New shingleback

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Redtailed

Not so new Member
Reaction score
DSCN3865.jpgThis is my new male that i picked up today, his female will arrive in about 2 weeks, their is a bit of shedded skin DSCN3870.jpgon his face around the eye.Called him Bob his mate will be called marley

If you wanna see the tank i have it in, go to my album

if his mate comes in 2 weeks from now they might breed

Last edited:
congrats on the new shingleback, i have to admit im not one thats to keen on these i think they are really ugly however i do still find them fasinating creatures and if i ever got into lizzards i would most likely have one in the collection.

what are they like as pets? do they do anything out of the ordanery? one of my mates has a beardy and it stands up on its hind legs and basks under the light ontop of a stump ill have to get a pic and post it up one of these days, its *** funny

lol,This 1 was curious at first so far he's a really great pet right now it's hiding but i will tell you if it has funny habits when it's around a bit more

Fair enough. Still we get them for 50-70 bucks I think anything over 60 is a bit steap considering they are off permit species.

Yeah I guess. There may be a law prohibiting the collection of them from the wild but there is no documentation required for them so if someone went out and caught them unless they were caught in the act then they get away with it. Which is pretty stupid.

can you show me where to get them for $50? Cheapest i have found in Adelaide has been $100

Personally i think Shinglebacks are a very underatted animal but they do funny things today after i ate some beef lunchen he smelt it on my fingers and tryed to eat them instead of the lettuce i was feeding him at the time thats when i figured out he had been fed by his past owner on raw kangaroo meat.

can you show me where to get them for $50? Cheapest i have found in Adelaide has been $100

Private breeders the adds generally pop up on gumtree. The cheapest I have seen for one was 40 bucks.

i think shingle backs are really cool! id like to get one but i cant really see myself buying anymore lizards at the moment, snakes are more my thing and i have 2 blue tounges who are great anyway but i think if i was ever gonna get another lizard it would probably be one of these guys :)

Private breeders the adds generally pop up on gumtree. The cheapest I have seen for one was 40 bucks.

if you see any adds for them under $100 could you please chuck me a pm, i am actually chasing a couple of shingles at the moment and the cheapest i can find is $100

Shinglebacks are awesome, unfortunately you can't keep them outside with the high humidity, we put ours outside in 1 of our pits to catch a few rays and within 2 hours they started sneezing so we put them back inside, if u keep them in coastal areas on the east coast you have to be very carefull they don't get respiratory disease.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back