Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Get a coastal or an olive for something big. MDs have lovely personalities mostly. Get a scrubby for big and has "personality" ;)

Even if he did just start it for some opinions and a bit of attention or whatever.... well, you still posted, so... he wins :lol:

when u buy a new tv or a car or any long term item or big ticket item u ask people what they think of this brand, that size color all sorts of questions, i see this as no different.
Its a long term high cost 30year commitment i think asking people's opinions is a fair thing.

I think a better metaphor for these threads would be asking "should I get a tv, a fridge or a dishwasher?" rather than opinions on brands. How should we know what the OP needs or wants or can afford etc?

Pick a snake then ask specifics about that one.

I think a better metaphor for these threads would be asking "should I get a tv, a fridge or a dishwasher?" rather than opinions on brands. How should we know what the OP needs or wants or can afford etc?

Pick a snake then ask specifics about that one.

What I meant exactly! haha.

No you just dont get "bull", you get told that if you cant make up your own mind
as to what snake to get and have to ask a bunch of strangers you dont really need
to be buying a snake!

People grow up you dont need others to hold you hand and make your decissions
for you !
BUY WHAT YOU LIKE NOT WHAT OTHER TELL YOU TO BUY!
but sometimes people need to know if it has a good temperment or not, they must ask from somebody with experience. if you dont like this thread, then go pick on some other newbie, just to make yourself feel better. im sure that you'll enjoy that.

but sometimes people need to know if it has a good temperment or not, they must ask from somebody with experience. if you dont like this thread, then go pick on some other newbie, just to make yourself feel better. im sure that you'll enjoy that.

What you said is valid, but your completely missing the point. Beeman, and everyone else, arent saying dont ask question, but ask specific questions not just "what snake next". If the OP had asked a question such as "What are BHP's like for temperament" or something along those lines, then he would get mostly good responses, but threads such as this where the question is broad (and at the end of the day pointless as he will most likely not follow the suggestions anyway), people get annoyed.
Other than that, you always go on about dont pick on the newbies, but then you go around trying justify the sort of threads that make people flame the newbies. You do your 'cause' absolutely no good what so ever. Try and encourage productive questions, not pointless ones.

...they can then ask whether that particular python is generally suited to handling or not.

OR, even perhaps pick up a book or two? Would a bit of light reading or research really hurt that much? It appears terribly painful for some of us on APS, that's for sure..

What you said is valid, but your completely missing the point. Beeman, and everyone else, arent saying dont ask question, but ask specific questions not just "what snake next". If the OP had asked a question such as "What are BHP's like for temperament" or something along those lines, then he would get mostly good responses, but threads such as this where the question is broad (and at the end of the day pointless as he will most likely not follow the suggestions anyway), people get annoyed.
Other than that, you always go on about dont pick on the newbies, but then you go around trying justify the sort of threads that make people flame the newbies. You do your 'cause' absolutely no good what so ever. Try and encourage productive questions, not pointless ones.
ok i apoligise for my earlier post. im sick and cranky and stuff doesnt come out right when Im sick and cranky. so sorry.

My BHP has a lovely temperment, eats well and is gorgeous to look at.

Oh I may be biased......

BHP! They are stunning for one and have awesome personality. They defensive babies and head but rather than bite and can be clumsy when eating to. But once they get bigger they soo placid i never met an angry one yet. They come out a lot very active snake (up in the NT anyway) so you can handle them all the time or let them wander around the house (they get big). Carpets are pretty but all they do is sit there all day and rarely come out during the day. Diamonds can be short lived as well :(. Geckos r cool but cant be handled really just for display. BHP downfalls are they grow large and need room being ground dwellers. Also they love to eat other reptiles so letting them out of your sight near other critters is NOT a good idea!!!

its crazy, 1 'what snake should i get' thread goes on for 80 'nice' posts, tehn another identical thread gets the OP bagged from the start,...its luck of the draw on who posts first as to what advice theyre given,..

id say if u have a spare grand look at an albino darwin, theyre stunning snakes that are hardy,...or the BHP u were originally thinking of,...i love diamonds, but im getting really paranoid about DPS cos they love basking and u cant let them, (well not for long anyway)

ok i apoligise for my earlier post. im sick and cranky and stuff doesnt come out right when Im sick and cranky. so sorry.

All of your posts regarding "people being mean to newbies" are like that. Grow up a little, yeah?

To the OP - there's some great breeders around at the moment with stuff on the market. I haven't come across a mean blond spotted python yet. I also love Woma's... they're a little bit pricey, but they're almost like puppies in their own reptilian way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back