Nice carpet on road.

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Matty007

Reaction score
Saw this bugger on the road up near Lakeland downs on Suday nigght. We were coming home from pig hunting and he was out because of the rain , 12 . 30 . Thought ide share , cheers all Matt

Attachments

• DSC02740.JPG
    DSC02740.JPG
    103.6 KB · Views: 202
  • DSC02741.jpg
    DSC02741.jpg
    161.1 KB · Views: 303
Can some one move this thread for me ??

Yes Mungus , we hunted from 700 till 12 00 and got 7 . Mate has a feed lot up there and they been hammering it. Small mobs were there but that night they were very aggressive. They were turning back on the dogs and joining forces to ward of the muts !! Exciting stuff but the ol piggies have gotta have a win every now and then. Cheers Matt Pic of one boar caught first up. My mate Justin in pic.;)

Attachments

• DSC02735.JPG
    DSC02735.JPG
    142.4 KB · Views: 132
Awesome, cant wait to get back out their this coming winter.
Got the old longbow ready to rock and roll.
Nice pig mate.
I'm not bloody gelous..........................lol

I only use dogs Mung . ;) What area you from ? Matt

Hunting Spots

Hey matt and mung, I've jsut read your threads on hunting and I was wondering if you could inform me of where I can hunt for fox, hairs and/or pigs. I'm a bow hunter myserlf and can't seem to find anywhere ideal to hunt. I'm from Brisbane and have been target shooting for years and now I'm keen to go out in the bush and have some fun. If you could provide me with some info on spots, names of some people, numbers, anything really, etc. that would be great.

thanks,
matthew

It was on the Lakeland to Cooktown rd. Just another form of Carpet that looks good. Send me a pm for hunting spots and ill help ya out. Cheers Matt

I only use dogs Mung . ;) What area you from ? Matt

Newcastle, NSW - Long way away from you big fella.
Dont be affraid to post some more photo's if ya get the chance.:D
Most, if not all my shots were taken with the old camera's.
Got a digital a few years back so hopefully it will get a work out on a few pigs.
Just starting to get back out there again, which is good news.
Do most of my hunting from Tamworth to Glenn Innes.
Just trying to talk a few mates back into it, but one reckons " he'd only walk up a hill for a deer ".
He's had it too good all those years ago I reckon.....lol.;)

Hey matt and mung, I've jsut read your threads on hunting and I was wondering if you could inform me of where I can hunt for fox, hairs and/or pigs. I'm a bow hunter myserlf and can't seem to find anywhere ideal to hunt. I'm from Brisbane and have been target shooting for years and now I'm keen to go out in the bush and have some fun. If you could provide me with some info on spots, names of some people, numbers, anything really, etc. that would be great.

thanks,
matthew

Mathew,
Getting good properties now adays is like winning lotto.
No-one gives them away.
Best bet is to ask around at your club, or grab a map, a swag and a tank full of petrol
and off you go. Alot of cockies like to see who their talking to before they allow you free
access to their properties.
They have a wife and kid's, and dont like strangers hanging around, especially these days.
Buy a hunting mag, there's always a few in there.

I got Tree'd by an oversized boar in the back paddock behind my house, I didnt know there was pigs out this way, but theres deer aswell but the a pleasentry, for some reason since the deer moved in, the pigs left

Some go for dog food. Some even go for people food but the majority have their tusks removed if they are good or just left to rot. I dont sell pigs and im only in it to see my dogs work. The kill itself is an anticlimax. The thrill of the chase and the ability of the dogs i have raised to hunt is what drives me. I guess theres a bit of hunter in everyone , maybe good for another post. matty;)

I got Tree'd by an oversized boar in the back paddock behind my house, I didnt know there was pigs out this way, but theres deer aswell but the a pleasentry, for some reason since the deer moved in, the pigs left

So, do ya need a responsible bow hunter to look after a few of the pigs and deer
for you ???
With deer, the males are the only ones I really look forward to hunting.
With a longbow, its a real challange, but not impossible :lol::lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back