not sure about our beardie

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
B

borntobnude

hi all , our central beardie -- 5or 6 yrs old female -- temps 30day 27 night still eating ( crickets ,peas corn clover ,brocoli and stuff) pooed last week .
not looking real flash at the moment slugish dark going to bed early ?

any sugestions-- never been cooled never been mated

thanks

get the basking spot up to 40+.

does it have uv light? and do you use calcium to dust it's food?

View attachment 238423 definately up the temps.. i'd also change the diet. Peas/corn and brocolil shouldn't be fed all the time. Try changing to dandelion greens and flowers, endive,button squash, nusturtium flowers and leaves, rose petals, capsicum, rosemary, lavander, rocket, basil

Basking spot needs to be 40 give or take 1-2 degrees! A healthy beardie should be pooing every day. Try soaking it in a warm bath at about 33-34 degrees for at least 10-15 minutes or more if it can be calm enough. Bath it every 2 days, too often can dry out their natural oils. ajandj's list of greens is spot on just peel the capsicum and do not give seeds. My 2 youngens love rocket, endive and sweet potatoe(grated), they just about knock me out of the way to get at it. Make sure it is getting calcium dust on one feed of crickets a day about 4-5 time a week and vitamins on at least one feed a week and propper UVB is a must, try getting it out in the sun for 20 mins a day ensuring that it does not over heat and things will improve.

thanks yes we have the spot temp up the dietb is changed often and the crickets are dusted and we have UVB , she goes out side on weekends when its not raining
thanks for the advices :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back