NSW GTP Licensing Question.

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

reptileKev81

Reaction score
Hey everyone.

I bought a Childrens python yesterday, and used the online lodgement thingamajig yesterday.

Anyways, since I'm getting a GTP soon, I decided to look for it under species and could not find it, and it just occurred to me I need an advanced reptile keepers license :(

I got my license Nov 2009. It was a 5yr license. So does my license automatically upgrade after 2 yrs? Or will I need to apply for another license?

I have been looking forward to getting my GTP for a long time, and will be gutted if I cannot get one.

Any advice would be appreciated.
Thanks in Advance guys and girls

Kev :D

I think you need to upgrade and pay the money :)

Cheers Brenton

Hey Kev, GTPs are definitely on Class 2.

To apply for a C2 licence you have to have kept pythons for 2+ years straight. If you have, then give DEC/OEH a call tomorrow and tell them that you want to upgrade from C1 to C2 but have only used up 3 of the 5 years on your C1 licence and they will tell you what the process is.

Thanks guys. I will give them a call tomorrow.
I do not know if I have had over 2 yrs exp though, so I got my fingers crossed xXx

Thanks
Kev

Yeah mate, well one of the requirements is that you have to have kept a python or pythons for at least 2 years straight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back