Oh What a Life :-)

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Simon_Archibald

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Hi all,
Just thought I'd share my happiness over a great day I had. We took a group of kids to the Australian Reptile Park today for work. There was a Freckled Monitor (V. tristis orientalis) on display which is new since I was there last and weather was just awesome.

Eric fed twice (saw it both times - what a huge mutha!!!) and Ranger Mick was in fine form during the shows as usual. Just quitely though, this guy has a bit of a "truckie mouth" as I learned while doing some volunteer work at the park.

Also, I purchased a great book (well it is so far, what little I've read of it) called Australian Goannas by Steve Wilson and Matt Vincent. I promised myself when I went that I wouldn't buy anything unless they had a book on monitors and hey, what do ya know?

To top this all off, I'll be paid $127.50 (post-tax) to stroll around the park for 3 and a half hours. Couldn't get much better today.

Simon Archibald

I have that book, it's a really good one (actually, I can see it from where I'm sitting). I must have read it at least five times. Well worth buying

Good stuff Simon, while I was on work experience the tristis orientalis had just arrived at the park after hitching a ride into NSW in somebody's luggage. I know what you mean by Ranger Mick's "truckie mouth" aswell!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back