Olympic story

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SteveNT

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
While you're watching the Olympics spare a thought for Clive.

DSC_0084_edited-1.jpg

Australian cyclist in the '56 Melbourne Olympics then went Pro on the Euro circuit. When he finished racing he came to Darwin and stayed, trained Gary Neewon, etc. I knew him for 20 years, Darlyn many more.

On Tuesday an 18 year old ran a red light and cleaned up Clive (76) on his motorbike. Killed.

So people, when you're enjoying the Olympics, dont forget those splendid youth become old people. Them's the rules. Pay attention to what's happening on the roads. Clive was good for a while yet but we bury him Monday. And that young bloke has to live with it for the rest of his life.

There's a bitter taste in my mouth atm.

RIP Clive.

That's tragic mate. Sorry for your loss and all those involved, as you all must be feeling pretty gutted at the moment.
I didn't know Clive but I'll raise my glass to him. RIP Clive.

I'm sorry to hear about your mate, Steve. Very sad. It has extra resonance for me because I ride a scooter and just happen to be riding it a long way tomorrow. I enjoy riding, but I'm always painfully aware that someone else's mistake could clean me up. Thanks for putting the safety message out there.

Have a great ride and a safe one Renenet and bottoms up Bushman.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back