One for the Raptor Lovers

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

cracksinthepitch

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
As some will know i love Raptors, i also know that others love them...Pimp. so here are some pics of Fledgling Nankeen Kestrals i took near Barwon Heads in Victoria.

Attachments

• Untitled-Scanned-02.jpg
    Untitled-Scanned-02.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 207
  • Untitled-Scanned-03.jpg
    Untitled-Scanned-03.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 164
  • Untitled-Scanned-04.jpg
    Untitled-Scanned-04.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 130
  • Untitled-Scanned-06.jpg
    Untitled-Scanned-06.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 124
  • Untitled-Scanned-05.jpg
    Untitled-Scanned-05.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 149
BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! whoever has these living around their property are without doubt, the luckiest ever!!!!!

Are raptors allowed to be kept in NSW? And are there any clubs you could join where people are Raptor enthusiasts?

Dont think Raptors can be kept in Aust except for Zoo's or rehab purposes by licensed individuals. Clubs i know of are BOCA(Bird observors club of Aust) and ARA(AUst Raptor Assoc) but is a very scientific organisation. There are local bird crews around but not raptor specific, but you may find something on Google

Nice looking bird. I see alot of these little fellers flying around. I am in no way an expert on birds of prey so could someone please identify these ones for me? I'm assuming its a type of falcon or hawk....?

I'm located in the Barossa Valley of SA if that helps.

I was talking to Graeme Coles, who runs 'Full Flight Birds of Prey' here in Melbourne on Thusrday.He and his assistant were walking around the tennis with two wedge tailed eagles, talking to members of public ect.
Website is fullflight.com.au and they do rehab as well as displays.
Love the nankeen kestrels cracks, great pics mate.

Rocket, we get the Brown Falcon around our place too.

Thanks for the photos cracksinthepitch, I've joined the social group, I have always loved birds of prey.

Thanks Slytherin and Cracks. They are beautiful birds. It seems they get pestered alot in the sky from smaller birds.

Falconry in Australia is illegal, and I believe use of it's techniques is illegal, even for raptor rehabbers.

Here's one to test you ID skills! I took quite a few photos as I wasn't all that sure myself.

_DSC1194.jpg

_DSC1203.jpg

_DSC1213.jpg

And here's some less difficult to see ones, also from Western Vict. A juvenile wedge tail eagle and a brown falcon.

_DSC0432.jpg

_DSC0675.jpg
-H

Nephrurus, is the first one a Black Falcon? That's just off the top of my head.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back