One for the Raptor Lovers

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Love to see a Black Falcon up here. Had a pair of Wedgetails here all last week, hoped they'd stay, but they moved on. Gutted!

Neph great shot of the Black Falcon, slightly larger than a Brown but so much more powerful and stealth looking. Only ever seen 2 down here in melb, my second fav falcon behind the Grey.

Had this fly into the back yard once, trying to kill the budgies in the aviary. I think it's a goshawk of some kind, I did ID it at the time, can't remember specifically what sort now though, was a while ago. Gorgeous bird though. Sorry 'bout the crap photo quality.

DSC_0028Esml.jpg

I think its either a goshawk or a sparrowhawk. Beautiful bird!

We get a local sparrowhawk around our area and it flew at the canaries in the aviary once while I was standing next to it. I waved my arms as I saw it swooping in. Good thing too, I reckon it might of hurt its self if it crashed into the wire and given the canaries a heart attack!!!

Had this fly into the back yard once, trying to kill the budgies in the aviary. I think it's a goshawk of some kind, I did ID it at the time, can't remember specifically what sort now though, was a while ago. Gorgeous bird though. Sorry 'bout the crap photo quality.

DSC_0028Esml.jpg

I think its a brown goshawk, i have seen them a few times over the years but not recently. Next time feed it some budgies so you can get a better shot ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back