Opinions on the best handling monitor species

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

herptrader

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Some people are into monitors because of their great looks but others find their appeal in their intelligence and personality.

Yes! Go small monitors! GO!
I'm a big fan of brevicauda. They are by far the least lethal monitor available. All i need is a huge wad of cash then i can buy some....

Mertens are the best, no question. They are USUALLY very placid and the easiest of the mid sized monitors.

yes i agree boa but as stated in another thread keep the cloaca away from you as i was almost pooped on a while ago by one but all were very placid.

Brevicauda is too small the best i reckon is lace monitor they come in good colours and tame right down,just need space and they are OK to handle i think. :lol:

sand goanna is my favorite,especially now after getting rufus :D fingers crossed i wont have to fight him off with a stick to clean his cage in a couple of years,lol

Didnt see the other thread oh well ile go pussy and say stori cause they are not too bad to handle and my ack bit me yesterday :lol: still love laceys though.

I reckon V prasinus. Not because they are great to hold but they would be great to hold.

I voted "others" on personal experience only, ( which I must admit is not long term). I have only had my monitor for a few months but I must say that I have never, not even once, been bitten by my Acer flatscreen.

That is for sure peter but if its a green reptile i cant get it or afford it. :(

Re: RE: Opinions on the best handling monitor species

africancichlidau said:
I voted "others" on personal experience only, ( which I must admit is not long term). I have only had my monitor for a few months but I must say that I have never, not even once, been bitten by my Acer flatscreen.

Varanus flatusscreenus - Phil, in Canada you are what they would call a dink!

I have a soft spot for Lace monitors ............. usually it's my left arm.

I noticed that Lace monitors and Tristus have not yet had any votes... even though quite a few are sold through the Herp Trader.

nuthn2do said:
I have a soft spot for Lace monitors ............. usually it's my left arm.

What about the Spotted Tree Monitors (V. Scalaris), what are they like to handle? Anyone know?
Tourett

Go water monitors, go go, you can do it... :twisted: :twisted:
Nah seriously my water monitor is one nasty piece of work, cant get within 2ft of her!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back