orange snake

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

melz3

Reaction score
hi iwas wondering if anyone could help me. i live in the gold coast region n we had a visit from a snake on our veranda it was approx 1 mtr long a really golden orange colour with blacks spots kinda making an outline of a diamond pattern. any help id it would be greatly appreciated as i cant find anything that resembles it

could it of been a hallucination? have you had any strange substances?

Was the snake active at day or night? If night, possibly a Brown Tree Snake?

Brown_tree_snake_Boiga_irregularis_USGS_Photograph.sized.jpg

seen some eatern browns similar to that description...

Attachments

• 100_1865.jpg
    100_1865.jpg
    111.3 KB · Views: 184
couldnt tell u mate, hot little browny though:) cant rermeber the actual local but from somewhere in south east qld.

I THINK YOU HAVE NAILED IT! MM ...........in the future i think anyone that needs an ID should pm you as your superior knowledge far out ways anything on APS ....I now must say "I am not worthy" ....

hi iwas wondering if anyone could help me. i live in the gold coast region n we had a visit from a snake on our veranda it was approx 1 mtr long a really golden orange colour with blacks spots kinda making an outline of a diamond pattern. any help id it would be greatly appreciated as i cant find anything that resembles it

I assumed you were in QLD now i notice you didn't specify.

I recon you would have seen a western brown, i haven't got a pic of opne showing a black diamond but they all have some kind of black mark on the back of their neck. Where abouts are you?

thank u to everyone who replied i greatly appreciate it. ive tried looking it up but the closet i have found was the corn snake but from what i read we dont have them here. the only snakes i know r brown snake n red belly black. we have seen twice on our veranda railing at night, hopefully it will come back again so i can take a pic of it. once again thank you

thank u for the reply pimpama outskirts of gold coast.

thank u to everyone who replied i greatly appreciate it. ive tried looking it up but the closet i have found was the corn snake but from what i read we dont have them here. the only snakes i know r brown snake n red belly black. we have seen twice on our veranda railing at night, hopefully it will come back again so i can take a pic of it. once again thank you
if its on your verandah railing,and you see it at night ,more then likely you have seen a brown tree snake ,they can vary in orange/brown colouration and have different patterns ...;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back