painting/sealing help?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

eddie123

Reaction score
do i use epoxy, pondite or any others to seal the enclosure im making out of 12mm plywood(see other post)? can i just paint it with normal paints or is their a special paint? do i need to seal it after the painting? What size glass do i use for a 12mm glass track and what type of glass? sorry for all the questions, i just need answerd

The 12mm glass track you're talking about is probably the normal 5mm track from bunnings - the overall width is 12mm which means the max glass thickness you can use is 5mm per piece of glass. If you is less than the the glass will a sloppy fit and rattle a lot when the snake climbs up it.
Water based paint is preferred for the easy clean up and it airs out quickly because of the low chemical content. As already said in your other thread, seal all the joins first with silicone, and be warned, very few paints will stick to normal silicone so if your not neat with your silicon you should look the paintable type

Last edited:
thanks so ill head to bunnings pick up some silicone, 5mm glass tracks and some blue water based paints. is that right. does anyone know if there are any glaziers around in sydney im in seaforth which is in the middle of manly/mosman area.

oh do i need to stain it?

Last edited:
thanks for this thread - saves me having to ask

eddie123 - just search your area in the telstra white or yellow pages online phone book = you will get a few come up

I thought you were painting it, what are you thinking you need to stain ?

i just saw a post on youtube and the guy had a stained enclosure. oh well that saves me some money

Hi ! What are you sealing the whole enclosure with ? Epoxy ? (Not referring to the silicon joints)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back