paradox albino..maybe not

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

marrakai

Reaction score
hi everyone.
l had another look a this paradox albino,after talking to others .all other paradox albinos have pink eyes and pink tongue,.this one as photo in by morphed and myself has two different coloured eyes,one is dark red and gold, the other is normal.the body colours are the albino yellows all three,and the paradox black ,tougue is blue.if it is albino what happen to the pink eyes and tongue and why two different eyes.
if it an,t albino,why the colour of one.l have breed a number of snakes over the years from red head black heads to olive python waterpyhton x and albinos ,this is the strange thing that l have ever seen .l would like help from others to find out what this is.

Sorry mate i cant see any pics, sounds interesting...

yes marrakai, totally the same as my het for albino she has one normal eye and the other is pink with black iris, would really love to know what they are?
and i can bet when you take pics to show everyone it looks nothing like what you are seeing in real life ( i really hate that!!)

No harm intended, but how the hell did you guys manage to understand anything with the way that post is written... :$
Im sitting here scratching my head trying to figure out what he means.

No harm intended, but how the hell did you guys manage to understand anything with the way that post is written... :$
Im sitting here scratching my head trying to figure out what he means.
lol he told us before that he has spent time in PNG so i think he is doing very well

paradox albino carpet

l have photoes will post asap.just need away todo it on dailup.it take alifetime to do,l will travel 60 klms to Batchelor to do so.alittle quicker.

would this possibly descibe what you have?

A chimera is a single organism (usually an animal) that is composed of two or more different populations of genetically distinct cells that originated from different zygotes involved in sexual reproduction. If the different cells have emerged from the same zygote, the organism is called a mosaic. Chimeras are formed from four parent cells (two fertilized eggs or early embryos fused together). Each population of cells keeps its own character and the resulting organism is a mixture of tissues.

Tetragametic chimerism is a form of congenital chimerism. This condition occurs through the fertilization of two separate ova by two sperm, followed by the fusion of the two at the blastocyst or zygote stages. This results in the development of an organism with intermingled cell lines. Put another way, the chimera is formed from the merging of two nonidentical twins (although a similar merging presumably occurs with identical twins, but as their DNA is almost identical, the presence would not be immediately detectable in a very early (zygote or blastocyst) phase. As such, they can be male, female, or hermaphroditic.

Affected persons may be identified by the finding of two populations of red cells or, if the zygotes are of opposite sex, ambiguous genitalia and hermaphroditism alone or in combination; such persons sometimes also have patchy skin, hair, or eye pigmentation (heterochromia)

heterochromia
refers to a difference in coloration, usually of the iris but also of hair or skin. Heterochromia is a result of he relative excess or lack of melanin (a pigment). It may be inherited, or caused by genetic mosaicism, disease or injury.

Ok heres your images .
paradox4_closeup.jpg

paradox2.jpg

And heres the one Simon has .
Paradox20Albino.jpg

Last edited:
I was talking about this with another keeper the other day. most paradox albinos have random patches of black but yours follows the pattern. Id think it is a different mutation not paradox. Although looking at destinys it sort of follows the pattern as well. Maybe because the paradox gene is present and over the head it has changed the eye and tongue colour?

Last edited:
I am sure Boa will agree with me, that first snake is bloody awesome! I would rather have that then the Paradox Albino anyday! Are you open to offers :)

To Marrakai
The more I look at your images,, the more it looks like a different trait to the Paradox produced by Simon.
It could be a calico type morph as mentioned and you need to get them sexed . If its a pair then you really do have a great project or opertunity etc ....
Nick is in hot persuit of these stunning individuals . The big $$$$ are in the offering lol ...
cheers
Roger

I am sure Boa will agree with me, that first snake is bloody awesome! I would rather have that then the Paradox Albino anyday! Are you open to offers :)

Yes Nick I totally agree, I said in one of the other threads that I much prefer the look of the calico to the paradox albino.

Most likely a more extreme case of a paradox albino and the tongue and eyes are partially pigmented,calico gets thrown at anything even when the genetic causes of conditions are unknown.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back