Photography!!! Thoughts and suggestions?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shauno

Reaction score
After speaking with my local camera shop and many attempts of taking decent photos of my collection; I have recently purchased a white balance filter to aid my canon 450D with taking true colour pictures. Any thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated?

Attachments

• IMG_3856.jpg
    IMG_3856.jpg
    79.3 KB · Views: 118
  • IMG_3814.jpg
    IMG_3814.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 130
  • IMG_3732.jpg
    IMG_3732.jpg
    134.1 KB · Views: 118
  • IMG_3711.jpg
    IMG_3711.jpg
    160.6 KB · Views: 122
Wow! they're brilliant colours! Really bright yellow on the jungles. is that a childreni in the 3rd pic? it's a stunning animal. Now you have an excuse to show off your animals! haha

ThanksBananapeel, Patternless chidreni mate...

Looking good mate! I know what you mean regarding the frustration trying to take a decent pic, you want to do your animals the justice of photographing them exactly how they look in real life and it can be tricky..

Thanks JezJez,I saw a few of your Diamond pics tonight in your recent post and loved thatstriped Diamond in the first two pics... Have you experimented with whitebalance before?

No not as yet but should prob give it a go.. I either use my girlfriends cannon 60D which does a half decent job or just my little cannon s100 which is ok.
Yeah I'm loving my striped diamonds atm, that yearling is a freak to look at in real life and her brother is almost the same quality:)
Are you likely to have any diamond hatchlings this season??

One option is to not put any filter on - never heard of a "white balance FILTER" - and use either a white balance card or white balance lens cap, or just set your white balance to "Shade". That preset warms the photograph and is regularly used by some portrait photographers.

Hey JezJez, very jealous mate!!! I have three gravid girls atm and maybe another one who has mated several times with my male...

Markannad - "White balance lens cap" thanks for clearing that up, the box only said white balance lol! Do you set your white balance to "shade" in the preset settings? Also would the uv filter be affecting the colours of my pictures?

Hey JezJez, very jealous mate!!! I have three gravid girls atm and maybe another one who has mated several times with my male...

Markannad - "White balance lens cap" thanks for clearing that up, the box only said white balance lol! Do you set your white balance to "shade" in the preset settings? Also would the uv filter be affecting the colours of my pictures?

Yes, find the "Shade" setting in your preset settings. If that's too warm, I think "Cloudy" is slightly less warm (not positive on that, so experiment). This all applies under natural light. Under artificial light, you may get a different level of warmth, so you may want to experiment. I guess it's in artificial light where your cap will really come into it's own. I know on my 600D that the cap does slightly over-warm - but I like that effect.

The UV filter won't have any effect on your colours.

- - - Updated - - -

This was taken with the use of a white balance cap and under a fluoro. I just like the way the browns reallly show up.

View attachment 269225

Thanks Markannad, will give it a go!

your attachment didn't work...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back