Pics of my set-ups inside shed.

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice colection there and i agree with u natural sun is the best uv

Looks like i will have to add another layer to this woodie colony. They are currently on their 6th:D:D

Attachments

• IMG_0416.JPG
    IMG_0416.JPG
    156.5 KB · Views: 61
  • IMG_0417.JPG
    IMG_0417.JPG
    165.2 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_0418.JPG
    IMG_0418.JPG
    171.5 KB · Views: 48
nah sorry need em for my lizards once i have 3 established colonies bout 3-4kg each i will give a few kg of to family (who keep reptiles) then i will start selling em of if i get too many.

Nice work mate, I like your whole set up. How do you control the woodies when they seem to get out of control? do you just take a stack out and get rid of them? What is the easiest way of feeding them off to your Lizards? I have never used Woodies only Crickets which are easy as but costly.

when one colony gets huge i just move a few layers to another and start feeding of the largest colony. In my 1st post 3rd picture bottom right corner? I use a tub that size with-out a lid and with fluon painted around the top. I grab the top layer and tap it on the inside of the tub. I then put my calcium powder in there and start feeding away.

just hatchy tubs and insect tubs. Most of my adults gobble up the woodies straight away. don't really want to use Floun on my larger tank as it would look very messy. (they are messy enough with my dodgee silicon jobs.)

\. Don't even get me started on the price of the things and that fact that your meant to change them every 6 months.
thought you didnt want to start an argument? loving your set ups, jealouse that your woodies breed like crazy. minne dont

i agree since i work full time i have limited time and if i can put them in there i would be able to feed live instead of dead more often

I don't know if it is bad for you lizards but I have painted fluon around the edges of a plastic container that has sides about 1 and a half inches high. I put that in the enclosure sometimes and it keeps all but the biggest woodies in one place til the beardies get them. I've never thought about whether it's toxic. I hope not!!!

Just checked the bottle and there's no poison warning on it.

still if you run your finger along the top of dried floun you get a ting powder on your finger. That what i would be worried about.

W.T.BUY
Bought 4 jacky lizards off you about 3-4 weeks ago, they are doing great.
Fast little buggers. all are doing well.
Your enclosures have given me a lot of ideas.
Thanks again.
Danny

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back