Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Vernichtung

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Ok ladies and gents today I found a snake nestled comfortably on my bathroom sink! This is about the 8th time I have found a snake inside my house and most people in my area do not consider this strange. I live in Mackay surrounded by cane farms and often find carpet snakes and tree snakes but this little guy is quite unique. We beleive it to be a Eastern Brown Tree Snake.

It has very vibrant yellow eyes, a very light spotted patten across it's body and is very happy to strike at movement. It's strike is slow and seems more to warn than to injure.

Here is a picture.

my.php

Any assistance is greatly appricated!

Vern

Attachments

• 16122008185.jpg
    16122008185.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 460
  • 16122008184.jpg
    16122008184.jpg
    98.6 KB · Views: 403
Sorry guys I tried to link it but it seems I cant! I have now uploaded it to the forum server.

Why on earth do you have in it with a carpet. :shock: And yes it looks like a brown tree snake.

There are 2 snakes the larger on is a carpet python a previous unwelcome tennant the little orange redish one is the new addition. I am currently trying to find him a new home!

Ok so my fears are with merit! I have a two year old son. What are the chances of a snake such as this being dangerous to my little guy?

the orange redish is an Brown tree snake, the other one looks like a jungle carpet

Probably not a good idea to keep them together If I where you I would separate them

Its a very nice looking brown tree snake nothing to be worried about they are not considered dangerous to humans But wouldent let you son near him

Lewy

If you take them up the road to some bushland and let them go, you wont see them again.
These snakes are not dangerous although some people have different reactions to brown tree snake bites.

Not very likely but not a risk worth taking. They become dangerous only if there is an allergic reaction in the person bitten; but as I said, it's not worth finding out!

Ok so my fears are with merit! I have a two year old son. What are the chances of a snake such as this being dangerous to my little guy?

the mild venom of the brown tree snake is known to cause vomiting, head ache, and nausea.

how ever i wouldn't let your 2 year old get bitten.

Mate, just let them go, they are no danger to you, and you should not have them captive. Or is their a spoon involved.

The Carpet is now a pet of my brother in law who lucky for me lives next door ;). We generally release all the snakes we capture on our properties in a section of bush just on the coast. We have no intention of leaving the 2 snakes together and just needed a place to put this little guy untill we could figure out what he was. We both have young children so this is a little scary for us!

After a private message explaining the definition of a "Spoon" I assure you that I am not at all a previous member! I do not wish to gain anything from this thread other than a understanding as to the risk such snakes could pose to my family.

Should I see that reply as offensive gregsydney?
I don't quite see what your trying to say?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back