Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice work IV I'd be pi$$ed if someone poured bleach and hot water over me too :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Poor RBB. A beautiful one, too. I hope he or she recovers.

I take my hat off to you reptile relocators. Not only do you need to know how to handle snakes, you need to know how to wrangle humans. This was brought home to me during a snake episode in my own building. My neighbour had a snake in her flat and was in hysterics, mainly, I think, because her cat was playing with it, then the neighbour from upstairs showed up with a shovel... the works, in other words. This one ended well, however. The shovel was kept out of use and a snake catcher was called.

Typically, the snake slithered out the back door and went under the building before he arrived.

In my experience, the majority of humans don't need "wrangling" and are very reasonable, considering many have an innate fear of reptiles (particularly venomous snakes), but it's easier to remember the extreme cases and over the years these can accumulate into publishable volumes. Some people are nutbags, for better or worse:)!

Curious to know how the snake got into the toilet in the first place. Sewer up or in through a door and looking for a drink?

What kind of person pours bleach and hot water on a live animal?!

Exactly my thoughts lets hope it did not ingest any bleach. Out of interest is there much snake awareness etc taught in the schools and on television over there?

Exactly my thoughts lets hope it did not ingest any bleach. Out of interest is there much snake awareness etc taught in the schools and on television over there?

From the sounds of it, yes..... shovel handling techniques :rolleyes: chemical warfare against helpless snakes :rolleyes:

Lucky it was in the toilet..... and the plumber could get someone to come and pi$$ it off :lol:

Great looking rbb, glad it wasnt to badly injured.
Pouring boiling water over any animal,
even inverts, is just plain nasty.
Good job Richard, love your work mate.

Thanks Baz, that's the best compliment I've ever had, coming from someone as professional as yourself. Believe me, the feeling's mutual :)!

- - - Updated - - -

From the sounds of it, yes..... shovel handling techniques :rolleyes: chemical warfare against helpless snakes :rolleyes:

Lucky it was in the toilet..... and the plumber could get someone to come and pi$$ it off :lol:

Like I said earlier, most people are very reasonable, but it's the nutbags you remember. Very rewarding work and you meet some interesting people, for those considering relocations.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back