Pygmy Bearded Dragon nodding waving behaviour....

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

smileymertz

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hi

See below a video of my pygmy beardies Harley & Rose, nodding and waving.

We bought them a few weeks old in February, unsexed, and named the big one Harley, and the little one Rose......i'm guessing we got it around the wrong way LOL

Let me know what you think?

[video=youtube;L8JZLgA7Pxc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L8JZLgA7Pxc&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL[/video]

K

my females are generally larger than the male head bobing waving is mating gestures female willraise her hand as a submisive responce to the male

hehehe cute isnt it :p mine are doing the same since i put them in together hopeing when i finish the new enclosure in 2wks and set things up well i may get a clutch or more dont have my hopes up as was unexpected i thaught i had 2 girlys lolsavanah now needs a new name and the girl is now savanah (luckily the kids are to young to nitice the difference between the 2 lol)

wait till u get a few flys in the enclosure they stop look round then its on for young and old jumping of brnches ect trying to catch them :D

my male looks like ur 2 but my fem is heaps darker pattern wise think mite make a good range of colours in the babys

ahaha, thanks for all your replies!

flies? cant say i have ever seen any flies in their enclosure, crickets cause enough of a stir....

and i dont want any lizard babies......these two are enough maintenance as it is!! ha

haha well i want planing on breeding till next yr but have a friend with an unused incubator if i need it and plenty of empty fishtanks i can use have alot of people who would be happy to get some free babys ect but u can always jus distroy the egs if u dont want any. or swop ur male with somebody for another female

hi i recently purchased two pygmy bearded dragons, unsure of how old they are however they are approx the same length of an average finger thats including their tail..

we noticed the other day that one of them was doing the hand wave, surely she(im assuming) cant want to be sexually active already?!

i like to catch moths that come around the lights we have out the back. throw em into the enclosure and watch as my 3 dragons go crazy for them. stand up on their back legs and throw themselves into the air at the moths and stuff. great entertainment...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back