Pygmy Bearded Dragon - Possibly Egg Bound?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SYNeR

Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm worried about my female pygmy bearded dragon. She's 19 months old, around 27cm in length and weighs 117 grams. Several months ago she put on weight making her much heavier than the male (who is 64 grams). I took her to the vet who said they 'thought' (they didn't even x-ray her) she *may* be pregnant and that I should build a nesting box, etc.

I've tried over & over to make many different nesting boxes, seperated the two dragons, and yet she hasn't laid anything. She hasn't even really got into the digging mode people so often talk about. For the last few months (and even still now), she just lies in the tank looking lethargic.

I think I'll just go straight back to the vets, but was just wondering if anyone has had a similar experience at all? My hope is that she's just larger than the male and hasn't come out of a partial brumation yet.

Thanks for the help.

Mark

Hi mark,I'm having a similar issuewith my putt beardies..atm there 7 months old and have both been brumating for the last 2 months..or atleast I think they are,always hiding,sleeping etc..my female has always been bigger than my male but I've jst taken her out and she feels bloated and her sides are kinda hard..I'm worried she may be pregnant or possibly just impaction,but I cnt even remember the last time she ate..think I may have to take her to the vet and see what's going on coz if she is preggers I'm very unprepared..more than that my worries are egg bound or impaction.. =[

Hi Mark, what's your temps like basking & cool end & what lights do u use for both?
Sofoulla, if your beardie was gravid she should be pigging out like nobody's business, so would be interesting to hear your setup as well. How long ago did u pull her out of brumation?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back