Pygocentrus nattereri

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

doods189

Reaction score
hey guys just wondering if there are anyone that sells Pygocentrus nattereri red belly piranha's in australia canberra last time i seen some for sale they were $120 each from a friend

Red Bellied Piranha are listed as noxious so are illegal to keep in Australia without relevant permits which the general public cannot get. If they are selling them its under the table and my advice is stay away as the fines are rather hefty.

they are around. im not sure about there..

but if you ask for them..

i would do it in a whisper,
not native here means no no

yes as said they are quite illegal, best off avoiding them. You can take the risk if you want but its really not worth it

The fines are massive too - somewhere in the range of $50 000 plus so really not worth it.

Only person i heard of selling them went to jail for heroin distribution(i didnt know them directly but something sounded fishy about them), that said they wouldnt be an ecological hazzard in Canberra(northern Australia would be a differant kettle of fish) There are heaps of fish that are far more of an ecological problem available in pet shops, so hypothetically its not really that bad keeping them in an area where they couldnt survive. They are pretty awesome fish, you can make spears and stuff from them too. Dont do it though they are illegal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back