Rat Food?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheReptileCove

Reaction score
Hey all,

this question is to those who currently breed rats and that is what do you feed them and where do you get it from?
I have recently set up a rack like i have seen many others do, and i have seen and heard of many people using rat and mouse feeder cubes. In America i think it is Mazuri rat pellets?
I am after a food source that wont fall through the wire tops of the rack.
I have been to a few local stock-feed shops and have got one of them to order in something that they may thing does the job. But after a google search i am thinking it is the wrong stuff.

Thanks in advance

Lauke Mills or Cummins (Mcmannus Rodent Food). They won't fall through and are fantastic diets meant for rats, not horses like Biomare.

I have tried Biomare and Lauke & Mills rat cubes. The biomare is a smallish ball and performed slightly less than the Lauke & Mills cubes and they were similar in price so I would recommend the Lauke & Mills cubes.

Living on the Goldie. l believe one of your "best" options would be Norco pellets, my reason its made around a complete protien unlike most others, also myself and a few other have found Cummins to be very average, on another front l just don't use one type of pellet l mix two together to give them a bit of choice at no extra cost to anybody, with Corn based pellets not specifically designed for rodents you have to be carefull they have been fortified with (added)"Lysine", "Tryptophan" and Niacin (D3) as a shortage of these three can and often does cause skin issues in rodents (& people) as is seen "regularly" in Mexico and South America where a lot of ppl live on a corn base diet. solar 17 ~B~

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back