Rat Materials

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
im going to build a rat rack so i want it to be on the cheap, and BUNNINGS is the opposite of cheap. and the sippy thing is for a water system.

i get everything for mine from bunnings tubs cost around $8 each, except for the mesh and the drinking bottles, drinking bottles i got from my local pet store but am upgrading to the edstrom drippers sent strait from the US, am waiting on delivery. I get the mesh at Mitre10 they have a better choice of sizes than bunnings and you can buy by the meter instead of a whole roll.

how many tubs are u doing for your rack ?
i did find that the cheaper the tub the lower the quality , are u going keep the plastic lids or go the full mesh option?

well buy it from another place then that wont have what you are after. if you ask people for there advice and they say bunnings deal with it they have answered your question there is one for sale on this forum if u have a look

im doing a 20 tub system with wire, and byron, the first time i sent that message it didn't appear until after i sent the second one. and tiger coastal, can you plz tell me any does and don'ts from your experience, plus what to use as the bedding

Bunnings is not expensive compared to many other places, i get all my tubs from bunnings and its alot cheaper then some other places

mate best bedding is breeders choice kitty litter but wood shavings will be fine you will be suprised how cheap it is even at bunnings mate to buy materials im am just about finished my 20th or so rack off best bet is make sure u use vanilla essence in there water stops the smell as much as said before i have a second hand 15tub rack here ready to go

mate best bedding is breeders choice kitty litter but wood shavings will be fine you will be suprised how cheap it is even at bunnings mate to buy materials im am just about finished my 20th or so rack off best bet is make sure u use vanilla essence in there water stops the smell as much as said before i have a second hand 15tub rack here ready to go
cool , i didnt know that about the vanilla ill have to give it ago.

bunnings $8 concrete tubs are going to the cheaper than anything on the market..

I use food grade tuns and they were $38 wholesale..

Livestock places will usually sell very cheap drinkers aswell as bulk feed, Tubs as stated bunnings, K-mart, some cheap stores im in the middle of doing up some plans for a small rat rack myself

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back