Rat mixing tubs

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
We use Kitab tubs. Australian made and readily available from many hardware stores. If you are making racks you need to be sure that replacement tubs will be avaailable in the future which isn't possible if you source from overseas.

Attachments

• IMG_0022.jpg
    IMG_0022.jpg
    111.1 KB · Views: 174
Wokka, Thats a great setup.

Are they the 45 Lt. Heavy Duty Crate - L 600mm x W 400mm x D 220mm?
What Ratio do you run in them?

We use Kitab tubs. Australian made and readily available from many hardware stores. If you are making racks you need to be sure that replacement tubs will be avaailable in the future which isn't possible if you source from overseas.

What size mesh do you use and what brand feed?

Wokka, Thats a great setup.

Are they the 45 Lt. Heavy Duty Crate - L 600mm x W 400mm x D 220mm?
What Ratio do you run in them?
7 female to 1 male in mating tubs and 1 female with 8 bubs in wet (lactating) tubs

12mm mesh with biomare

Thanks :) I recently was given a bunch of rats (I thought they were going to be frozen when they were offered) and thought I'd try breeding a few. I set up a rack using 12mm mesh and bought a bag of rat and mouse pellets from the produce store but it mostly just falls through :( I take it that's not normal. I'll give Biomare a go :)

Thanks :) I recently was given a bunch of rats (I thought they were going to be frozen when they were offered) and thought I'd try breeding a few. I set up a rack using 12mm mesh and bought a bag of rat and mouse pellets from the produce store but it mostly just falls through :( I take it that's not normal. I'll give Biomare a go :)
Most rat and mouse pellets are 9 or 10mm so 12 mm wire is unsuitable. Some brands have a 14 x14mm block which would work. We worked out the feed we wanted then the mesh to suit. Its a complete system!

Ausorganics, laucke mills and bio mare work fine in 12mm mesh. Haven't tried any others but I know these ones work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back